Every time I eat my HPPD get worse

I found that if I consumed too much sugar or caffeine, my symptoms would be more apparent.  I've stuck to eating only when hunger knocks, and only enough to keep it bay.  Food is the fuel that keeps us running.  put the wrong fuel in the engine and the result can be undesirable.   it may just be that food provides energy which can make our symptoms apparent.  I'm not sure.  Us humans are complicated.

To answer your question, yes I've experienced symptoms after eating as well.

Take care.

• Like 1

I have heard that plants from the nightshade family (inc tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and egg plant) could potentially make anxiety worse (and likely hppd)... I've never put it to the test though

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 3:03 AM, Hindy112 said:

What do you mean by your HPPD gets worse? Just your visuals or your overall feeling? Because maybe than there is some bad experience with food in general. Eating disorders are very common these times. Not everything is caused by your HPPD.  

Like, the visuals gets worse. Like the lights get stronger, the brain fog, the visual snow etc

One hypothesis I can come up with is you are sensitive to glutamate now— many of us are. If you have a co disorder— such as mild mcas or histamine intolerance, this can lead to increases glutamate in the brain. (I won’t go into the specifics but histamine —> many steps —>neuronal glutamate release).

one thing you can try is a low histamine diet for a few weeks. I follow the one on mastcell360.com

Use dao supplements. I use seeking health. 

Try a mast cell stabilizer such as ketotifen (a supplement site I use, americanresearchlabs, sells it without prescription). 

claritin ready tabs, the one with fewest ingredients. 

just my two cents. I really cannot think of any other reasons except for insulin receptor wonky shit that also involves cytokine release. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same issue, but for me i can bring it back to the fallowing herbs/spices:
cilantro, oregano, parsley and chlorella. 

the things they have in common is that the are prone to (re)move heavy metals (mostly mercury) through your body. The issue is when you have to much mercury in your body it just moves it around without really removing it. But it might be only for me, because most of my issues got worse after an amalgam removal at the dentist. Since then i can not eat this stuff or my after images and light sensitifiy get a lot worse for a few hours or sometimes days.

It is something you can test easily, if you eat for example a simple meal witouth those herbs, does it worsen it? And trie a little bit of any of those herbs and see if it gets worse.

I now ALWAYS check every ingredients of everything i buy, those herbs are sometimes in the products you least expect it.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Likely will be a histamine reaction or mcas. At least thats it for me. 

Try low histamine diet (maybe also avoid non food triggers if histamine really is your problem). Check the sighi list. 

For sure ask a doctor. 

Edited by mikemeas