I'm really struggling with my Visual Snow. It's been 19 months from my flare up, I have decided to stop drinking couple weeks ago. My snow is as bad as its ever been. I dont know how much i can deal

clean

It's been 19 months from my flare up, I have decided to stop drinking couple weeks ago. My snow is as bad as its ever been. I don't know how much i can deal with it, how long i will last. I am going to try go sober for 6 months, but i just dont see it getting any better.

I had a bad time around 6 months ago, and my visual snow is the one symptom that seems to have increased too without going back to 'base levels'. At night seeing objects close to me is just a fuzzy and 'noised' mess, however, day comes and things are bright and the snow is there but I look beyond it, and as per all the symptoms we all feel in varying degrees not focusing on it is one of the best treatments. Mindset is our greatest ally in my opinion. Until there is a magic pill to make this go away anyway.

Being sober is a good idea, I had a rough night on the booze a few months ago and woke up in the night for tne bathroom and my snow was so bad through the pending hangover it was like waking through a swarm of bees - that was the night that I thought too much booze definitely can affect this so going sober for a while may be a good idea. Im generally a 'social grazer' on alcohol, rarely drink 'too much'.

For ref, i'm positive i've had VS all my life, as i've mentioned on here before when I was a kid I used to think, and say, I could "see the Air", which I now know, and although it is definitely MASSIVELY exaggerated since my hallucinogenic days, i've always had.

Focus on what's beyond the snow, I consider it as interference only, like watching a low-res movie online, and a standard def TV show - the content is still there, just not as sharp as you would like it to be.

x

1 minute ago, Blossy said:

I had a bad time around 6 months ago, and my visual snow is the one symptom that seems to have increased too without going back to 'base levels'. At night seeing objects close to me is just a fuzzy and 'noised' mess, however, day comes and things are bright and the snow is there but I look beyond it, and as per all the symptoms we all feel in varying degrees not focusing on it is one of the best treatments. Mindset is our greatest ally in my opinion. Until there is a magic pill to make this go away anyway.

Being sober is a good idea, I had a rough night on the booze a few months ago and woke up in the night for tne bathroom and my snow was so bad through the pending hangover it was like waking through a swarm of bees - that was the night that I thought too much booze definitely can affect this so going sober for a while may be a good idea. Im generally a 'social grazer' on alcohol, rarely drink 'too much'.

For ref, i'm positive i've had VS all my life, as i've mentioned on here before when I was a kid I used to think, and say, I could "see the Air", which I now know, and although it is definitely MASSIVELY exaggerated since my hallucinogenic days, i've always had.

Focus on what's beyond the snow, I consider it as interference only, like watching a low-res movie online, and a standard def TV show - the content is still there, just not as sharp as you would like it to be.

x

how long has it been for you? 

5 minutes ago, Blossy said:

I honestly think i've had it my whole life, but it was really brought to the fore-front of my sight due to too many years of bad living though the Extacy and LSD years.

If I focus on it, I see it more, if I don't, I see it less. Generally!

how long since doing these drugs? and what does your sky look like?

Im 45 now, and my HPPD started 30 years ago, i've not done E or LSD for 24 years at least, nearer 25 for sure.

The Sky is so bright here I honestly see nothing bar the sun burning my retinas when I look at it!

My snow varies, at night it's the worst, during bright days there can be days I do not even notice it. As noted above, mindset my friend, try to look past it and focus on the content of the life in front of you, not the quality of the picture.

1 minute ago, Blossy said:

Im 45 now, and my HPPD started 30 years ago, i've not done E or LSD for 24 years at least, nearer 25 for sure.

The Sky is so bright here I honestly see nothing bar the sun burning my retinas when I look at it!

My snow varies, at night it's the worst, during bright days there can be days I do not even notice it. As noted above, mindset my friend, try to look past it and focus on the content of the life in front of you, not the quality of the picture.

i hope to see some improvement, over the next 6 months of sobriety. I understand its never going to leave but lessen is all i would like 

While I've never had visual snow, I did notice that my whole perspective changed for the better after I gave up alcohol.  I slept better and was able to start exercising once I wasn't spending the morning nursing a hangover.  I'm not saying it fixed my hppd symptoms, but it helped in getting my life on track.  I also noticed that after a few months sober my anxiety was much easier to manage and that did help.  Understand that I'm not trying to give a sobriety lecture.  Most people can have a few and then stop.  I wasn't one of those people.

Give yourself some time.  it can take a while for symptoms to improve.  I know it's hard, really hard to live with this condition.  I think giving up alcohol is a positive step to wellness.  Hang in there and take care.

For me excessive tobacco use and/or bad diet and being over weight would cause my vision to be blocked up by visual snow streaks that were really concerning. For me it's lowering my blood pressure that helped tons. Make sure you're not on a diabetic track with a lot of sugars and salts. This was nothing to do with my LSD/Shrooms intake as this happened when I was a fat kid drinking strawberry milk like it was water, and increased as I started smoking.  

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Keep on fighting... See what some months sober does for you, even if your VS doesn't improve, i am sure you will see other aspects of your life get better. 

honeslty dont know how other aspects can get better if my snow is like this.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:44 AM, Blossy said:

On 1/20/2022 at 6:04 AM, Rodertkarlsson said:

Aloha to me this Is the worst symptom. Seems to get worse with time. Indoors  is the worst. Being outside  helps alot.it helps embrace this permanent trip.yes visual snow drives me crazy. 

why do you think its getting worse? and why do you think it has never improved?