Edible vs smoking weed and HPPD

Hello Everyone, 

I hope you are all doing well.  About 7 months ago I was going through some difficult emotional times and got prescribed medical marijuana for a condition that I have.  I tried 4 edible attempts over 1 month and did notice an uptick in my visual disturbances and some anxiety.  After the last attempt I decided to leave the gummies be and I have since been sober from everything and am again going through some difficult stressful things.  All positive but very exhausting; my wife and I just had our second daughter and I am on my 4th year of mathematics PhD studies.  The idea of smoking cannabis is now very appealing and I was wondering if anyone had experience with positive responses from smoking but negative from edibles.  I don't think the steps back that I took with the edibles were very significant, however the possibility of making things far worse scares me. Also, I am a member of Alcoholics Anonymous and most of the feedback I get from them makes it seem like I am putting a gun to my head if I even think about smoking weed.  I love AA but they can be a bit much sometimes.  Anyway, thanks as always for your your input. 

Take Care,

Nick 

I can't see smoking being anything but bad for you if you had a bad reaction to edibles. If you do go ahead, my only suggestion is to go for a strain that is very high in CBD and low in THC.

I have smoked weed a few times post-hppd and it's always been a horrible experience. I get the allure though!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/13/2021 at 3:46 AM, Jay1 said:

I can't see smoking being anything but bad for you if you had a bad reaction to edibles. If you do go ahead, my only suggestion is to go for a strain that is very high in CBD and low in THC.

I have smoked weed a few times post-hppd and it's always been a horrible experience. I get the allure though!

Thanks Jay. As always I value your opinion and advice.  I will keep you guys posted about this, although if it's successful I hesitate to share that information for fear of it backfiring for someone else.  I have smoked weed many times post HPPD with some drawbacks but for me, it never produced lasting crazy results.  I have found sometimes regressing back to being a pot head for a few weeks can actually be beneficial for my mental health.  However, it has been a number of years since such an experience.  Who knows, I'm just trying to get by and be reasonably happy.  I wish you the best. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dealing with emotional challenges and managing medications can be tough. It's commendable that you've taken steps to make informed decisions about your health.Your experience with edibles is not uncommon, as they can have different effects compared to smoking cannabis. Smoking tends to have a faster onset and may offer a different experience. However, considering your history and concerns, it's crucial to approach this decision with caution.And if you ever need guidance on alternative options, you might want to explore the best delta 8 gummies for sale, as they could offer potential benefits with a different profile of effects.

Edited by YosefHarvey

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. I have been dealing with anxiety lately because of some issues I have at work. And CBD helps me overcome this stress. After using it, I feel more light and relaxed. I use it via Air Bar AB10000 flavor options, but if you are not into vaping, you can choose another option to use this substance. If I am not wrong, there are pills, oil, or you can smoke it. But overall, CBD is beneficial. Still, I will recommend you speak with a doctor or therapist to make sure your body will accept the usage of CBD.

Edited by Vievang