My symptoms continue to progress after 13 months. They are so severe. Has anyone else had this then it improve ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MichaelHPPD20years said:

Had HPPD for 20 years but for the first 10 years or so it seemed to get worse about every week or every month. I always thought my brain was slowly failing me from the damage that acid did to me, never could explain it... Lately I've felt better than I've ever felt since I fell into this hellish nightmare and have been making improvements (with a little help) but no one seems to believe me....

do you know why? were you sober first 10 years

• 2 months later...

I get this is a horrible thing we've done to ourselves. My experience is it never ends.it gets different. After 50 years it never stops actually  it's  getting worse. The brain damage is real.i feel tortured .thank for ur share. It's empowering  to know I'm  not alone the only people that understand are people that  have it & psych wards. We must accept it stay outside  from sun up to sun down enjoy ur psychedelic  enhancement. Medications have been  a disaster  have been  a disaster. Except clamaziipam. Maui is  psychedelic wonderland aloha

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

50 years for me with HPPD. I was 12 when I began taking LSD and continued for the school year until I was hit with HPPD at the beginning of summer 1970.  It has been a huge help to finally know that this is a reality and that others experience the same. For most of my life I suffered this alone. I have adopted a very quiet life. I avoid a lot of light and sound stimulation. So...I've survived this, had a big family but find I have to sit in the dark corner sometimes to untangle from too much stimulus. I have gravitated toward a minimalist way living somewhat like Old Order Amish. My life has been molded by HPPD without my realizing! Knowing about Mad doc and now Roderkarlsson and others makes me feel sad for us! Like Clean says no ones seems to believe... and knowing we are not alone is a huge gain. I spent 45 years alone in this and it definitely affects your personna. My hope is that this does not worsen in old age. We are on the frontier because I suppose we are some of the first to experience this. Just what will develop in older yrs is yet to be experienced. Well, God help us! God has helped me to weather it so far! Happy New Year! Kaleidoscope

On 1/3/2022 at 8:20 AM, Kaleidoscope said:

50 years for me with HPPD. I was 12 when I began taking LSD and continued for the school year until I was hit with HPPD at the beginning of summer 1970.  It has been a huge help to finally know that this is a reality and that others experience the same. For most of my life I suffered this alone. I have adopted a very quiet life. I avoid a lot of light and sound stimulation. So...I've survived this, had a big family but find I have to sit in the dark corner sometimes to untangle from too much stimulus. I have gravitated toward a minimalist way living somewhat like Old Order Amish. My life has been molded by HPPD without my realizing! Knowing about Mad doc and now Roderkarlsson and others makes me feel sad for us! Like Clean says no ones seems to believe... and knowing we are not alone is a huge gain. I spent 45 years alone in this and it definitely affects your personna. My hope is that this does not worsen in old age. We are on the frontier because I suppose we are some of the first to experience this. Just what will develop in older yrs is yet to be experienced. Well, God help us! God has helped me to weather it so far! Happy New Year! Kaleidoscope

did your visuals ever improve?

• Upvote 1

@clean  I realize your question wasn't directed at me, but this was my timeline for improvement, by age.  I started getting symptoms at 14, but realized something was really wrong when I stopped dosing at 20.  My memory isn't exact (far from it), but this is roughly accurate.

Anxiety - much better at about 30.  It didn't get better until I stopped drinking alcohol and put the effort into mindful meditation.  I still have some anxiety, but most humans do.

CEV - These vanished suddenly in my early 50s.  I have no idea why.  Mine were quite bad.  Just insane "Peter Maxx Poster" CEVs that would constantly change and we're tangled up in thoughts if I paid attention to them.

Visuals - Still have them but significantly improved since turning 60.  This also happened quite suddenly.

Never had visual snow. 

I realize I've probably posted this before, but it seemed relevant to your question.  it took me a long time to heal, probably because I took psychedelics too far at a young age ... or perhaps my brain is wired a little different.

I hope this has some value to someone.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2022 at 3:01 AM, clean said:

did your visuals ever improve?

Clean, my visuals at times are worse,, like during sleep deprivation or stress. In general however, they have become less. I still have the experience of de-realization and this for me is the worst symptom of all. It is this that makes me feel really stoned again and actually as I remember it was what I didn't ever like about LSD trips. I am a bit concerned about how this may increase with age. All in all I am maintaining pretty well! 🙃