Can Synimet Worse Symptoms?

Why are you interested in trying Sinemet? It's a drug for Parkinsons, but if you do have Parkinsons, I don't know, ask a Doctor.

Here's a site that lists some possible interactions and side effects: https://www.drugs.com/mtm/sinemet.html

Since a possible side effect is hallucinations, I have to wonder how well that would work with HPPD.

If you're interested in taking this in order to treat HPPD, don't. It won't help.

25 minutes ago, SomebodySomewhere said:

Why are you interested in trying Sinemet? It's a drug for Parkinsons, but if you do have Parkinsons, I don't know, ask a Doctor.

Here's a site that lists some possible interactions and side effects: https://www.drugs.com/mtm/sinemet.html

Since a possible side effect is hallucinations, I have to wonder how well that would work with HPPD.

If you're interested in taking this in order to treat HPPD, don't. It won't help.

I found successful reports on this site. People claim that synimet helped with depersonalization. Therefore, I consider this drug as a possible treatment in case I get worse. Hope my symptoms will only get better until they go away. Thank you very much for your answer.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Regardless, I'd ask a doctor, it sounds like it has some serious side effects.

I'll let someone who's actually tried it chime in.

A drug that might help Depersonalization, that I have tried personally, is Naltrexone. I'm currrently on it for alcoholism, but I'm also noticing I now seem more "with it". I guess I've been depersonalized and I just became used to it. There's research backing up it as a treatment for depersonalization.

I feel for you, I know how bad DP is, it's even worse than HPPD itself.

• 2 weeks later...

Your response to sinemet will largely depend on your genetics and if there is an increased need for dopamine because of your specific hppd. Especially if you are talking about how it might make you "feel". 

Sinemet improved my symptoms a lot but tolerance accrued rapidly and it gave me a (not the fatal kind) skin rash that took quite some time to resolve.