Got some scripts/ sinemet trial

Ive read some positive things about sinemet and immediate is good. It seems no matter what I do there will be some bad effect. If not now in the future. But I need some of my life back. Can't just wait it out.

I'll give it a try if not then lamictal. If that fails then it's benzo time :/

Took the sinemet an hour ago. I've noticed an increase in visual snow/ intrusive images. Feel lousy.

Also it's a shitty rainy overcast day. Does anyone else feel the weather/ barometer greatly effects hppd?

I'll give it a couple more days if not I'm skipping right to benzos.

Sinemet inducing Parkinson's.. ironic right?
I suggest you give it at least a week before trying out anything else. Alternatively, if it doesn't work (sufficiently) you could try adding a (weak) MAO-B selective inhibitor. Yes, it would appear that the weather tends to affect my mood moreso than it would do otherwise without HPPD.
Best of luck!

I highly doubt that sinemet can get you Parkinson's. A quick google of the most searched term at the topic "can sinemet cause parkinson's", gives no such hits. All i know is too high doses can get you side effects similar to PD but goes away when dropping the dose. Anyway, the dose is so low it would be unlikely due to the fact that this dose is prescribed for life for RLS, that is a not so severe disease.

My doc says however that i could get used to the dose but that is probably because she prescribes it in PD where the illness progress.

Test the sinemet and then the Lamictal and think about what is more important: looking back when you are old and there MIGHT be a fix for HPPD and you lost your best years waiting for it. Or, if the sinemet works, taking it now and get a great deal of your life back together while waiting for a cure that MIGHT come in the future, and that you MIGHT have a potential risk to develope PD in the future, which has not been proven AFAIK.

Your choice, i did mine.

Quit the sinemet and have started lamictal. On day 3 at 25 Mgs and I notice an improvement. My mood is stabilized . I can concentrate. My memory has improved. Lower anxiety. Visuals have improved slightly too. Still too early to tell but I'm hoping the is the one.

End of day 3. Lamictal hasn't cured anything but it sure makes living with hppd more tolerable. The symptoms are there but not screaming at you like before. Everything's kinda muffled. And in a way that's all I could really hope for at this point. I'm thinking of upping to dose to 50 mg and adding 10mg of Prozac. Only because last time I took Prozac I noticed a difference in libido and sensitivity. I am a single guy now so in the off chance I meet a nice girl ( well she doesn't have to be nice) I want to be able to have adequate sex, should the scenario work out that way.

I Don't think that's too much to ask.

But I digress. Lamictal is really helping so I suggest giving it a try.

I'll keep this thread up to date with my progress

Kellen - you can increase the dose but do so SLOWLY (give it a week before increasing). Otherwise you may experience some unwanted side-effects.

It has been suggested that the benefits of Lamictal increase over time and so it requires a long-term trial. That you are experiencing benefits so soon is very positive.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while. Hope everyone is doing OK.

I've been having some success with lamictal. Although lately I've been getting that deep gut anxiety pretty bad.

Also tonight my hppd symptoms were through the roof. Which of course happened while I had a girl over. We were making out but I was feeling anxious then my mind started getting all these intrusive thoughts and the static was blinding. Was feeling totally detached. Luckily my friend who was over is really cool. She understood and we just kinda laid with each other and listened to records. She's coming over again friday and I hope I'm not a total space case this time.

Was feeling it yesterday too. The panic and the hppd. Hope this is just a flare up cause I was doing pretty okay for a while there

Ps I'm only taking one tab, 25 mgs a day. Should I increase the dose? What dose do people usually take?

Peace be with you

Ya it is nice to know I don't have to pretend when I'm with her. Or make excuses for myself. It's all honest and she gets it. She's been through the ringer with some issues herself.

Not sure what the lamictal is doing right now. It has increased my anxiety and made it harder to stay asleep. On the other hand I'm able to accomplish more and do feel more like my old self. I've had spots of dp/dr (especially the past few days) but it hasn't been as constant as before. I think I will increase my dose to 50mg and maybe take a low dose of Prozac for the anxiety. Again it's all trial and error

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

Been for six months on lamictal now. 200MG. It doesnt work for me. The CEVs dont go away. I became agressive and my bones and muscle's are almost 

broken nd very weak. The damn Klonopin is the only fucking BENZO that works, for me. 

I am quitting with it, 50mg a week, 3 weeks to go. My brain makes overhours, cant really sleep, although sometimes i dream, that might be the real REM sleep, which is positive. 

DP/DR is another case, its almost unhuman. Hopefully we will get there, with less symptoms. And shake the younger people awake! Helping people is the best thing what works for me, a happy face from someone who really finds you did a good thing. 

That's too bad dude. Always sucks to hear about Lamictal not working, especially given that's what I'm on at the moment. ah well; it definitely seems to be doing something at least, but certainly nothing groundbreaking. Having heard that a combination of levetiracetam and lamictal is very often prescribed in those with epilepsy, generally without a hitch, I'm wondering whether adding a smallish dose of Keppra would be something to try - perhaps there'll be a synergy of sorts, or if I'm going to respond to Keppra better than Lamictal I'm sure it wouldn't be a huge problem to be on both at a time. Of course, I'm wary about being on too much at once, and I'll definitely have to get my psych's opinion on it. It'd just suck to get to the end of 6 months like you and then find out if I'd been on Keppra the whole time things would've been very different, or vice versa. But I guess that's just how shit works.

Sorry for how derailed this thread's become! Haha.

I've been on lamictal for almost a month now. Still only on 25 mg. it's been up and down with this med. there has been no improvement with visuals at all. And I do get very anxious at times. Yet I feel its helping me in other areas. I'm somewhat more positive, I have more energy and it is helping with dp/dr.

Sorry to hear it didn't work for you. I'm not sure if I should continue on it or try something else at this point.

As far as I understand 25mg is very unlikely to do very much in most people? I thought I may have been noticing improvement at that dose but it was so slight that it wasn't of any real benefit. Have you considered upping your dose? 100mg is pretty much the minimum cruising dose, and 200mg is by far the most common. Some people don't notice improvement til 300 or more.

Anyhow, I'm still holding out hope. Like Keppra, this is something that for a lot of people can take some time to kick in.