can i do anything now?

andrewg

ok so I'm pretty new to HPPD, I've only had it for a couple of weeks and let me just start out by saying that i am SO thankful to this site, it was the best feeling just to realize that I'm not the only one.

my question is with HPPD, is my psychedelic journey of mind expansion and finding of ones inner self over?

my symptoms as of now are not unbelievably horrible: intensified contrast, occasional Floatie. the only ones that are bad is my sensitivity to light and blurred vision. I have a doctors appointment set up this week to see if i can get on Sinemet (BTW is there anything i need to know about talking to my doctor about trying to get drugs for our condition?)

Ive only been using psychedelics for a couple of months and i feel like its all being taken away from me very abruptly. I have stopped doing everything, including weed, since my symptoms developed and I'm not hinting about starting up at least a couple weeks after i start doing Sinemet if i can get a prescription for it, just to see how that helps.

Can i never do LSD again? or Shrooms?Ive always wanted to try DMT, and i know that if i ever get my hands on it, curiosity will prevail and i will try it but she is an exemption to the rule.

I was thinking that drugs that work differently on your system would be okay because they wouldn't effect our condition like Datura which works by blocking the neurotransmitter acetylcholine(don't talk about the dangers of Datura, i know it is dangerous, i was just using it as an example)

I think people that end up taking tons of psychedelics end up missing the whole point as to why they took psychedelics in the first place. I understand how you feel, man. I spent countless hours at my friends farm sober as they ran around on mushrooms giddy, and talking to horses. It isn't a fun feeling. However, I feel content with what I have learned about myself, and what it has done for me. I had very self destructive tendencies, and through HPPD and psychedelics that part of my life is over, and I am ready to move on. Ultimately it's up to you, there are a few users on here who continue with drug use, though, they have seemingly very, very mild HPPD. Overall, further experiences with psychedelics and marijuana may end up biting you in the ass. Alcohol, maybe not so much. I think I remember someone on here starting a keppra regiment, and they were able to return to smoking. That's really the only case I have heard of someone being able to do that, though.

i haven't tried smoking weed since my symptoms developed but if i find out i can't smoke weed, or even drink alcohol i would be PISSED!

i would be very interested in finding out what exactly our disorder does to our body for it to be effected by so many different chemicals/plants and substances that all work differently in the body

is my psychedelic journey of mind expansion and finding of ones inner self over?

Only the psychedelic part..... You can still practise meditation. I'm not into that stuff, but I know some people who say that it is far more revealing than tripping, once you perfect it.

As for taking more psychedelics.... Alot of us here had the pre-hppd / mild hppd symptoms you described and carried on, with very bad results. Whatver you have now... multiply by 100 and change the 2 weeks to 20 years.. or the rest of your life. Do you want to have to pop 3mg of Klonopin to get through your wedding day or feel uncomfortable even sitting with your friends and family, wishing the walls would stop moving and you didn't feel like you were spiked with half a tab? Worth the risk?

and please.... don't start taking brain altering drugs like Sinemet at this early stage... They are powerful medications... You absolutely do not need them and hopefully never will.

Just stay sober, rest, exercise and eat well for 3 months...

Good luck... Please learn from our mistakes.

I'm being stupid, you're right. i know now i shouldn't touch any hard drugs for a couple months, possibly ever depending on how my symptoms progress. i know I'm going to do DMT once soon, i know it probably isn't smart but the pure curiosity within me for it is overwhelming.

in a couple weeks I'm going to try weed again, i REALLY hope the thing that has helped me so much through life isn't being taken away from me forever

I will second everyone here, again. Don't continue useage. It's a fools run and in the end- an empty you an empty enlightenment . I have been a member of this board now since 2006. From one trip on acid and a few weekends of rolling. Years of my life bogged down from stupidity & thinking that these chemicals would open some revelation for me. All I learned is how fragile and weak my body and consciousness is. If you stop touching drugs now, you have a decent chance to recover. The real reason for using drugs was I wanted an adventure and was bored- if you're similar then take off and go travel the world it's a way better trip- I promise.

Everyone is so right you just need to except that drugs are out of the picture for you. If your having a hard time giving them up or seem to obsess over them then I would check out aa programs to help you on your new journey. I love meditation it helps to calm the mind and thoughts that can over power you. Also on your dr. Visits I can tell you an ophthalmologist isn't going to be any help he tell you migraine for sure. He will not prescribe anything for you that's not eye related. If you go to a Nero ophthalmologist you will have more luck. But you will end up just needing to go to a neurologist if your looking for something strong. But I agree with Jay wait it out see where you land first then make a choice. If you are lucky enough that this goes away completely which it does for some please don't think it's gone now I can start taking drugs again trust me it will only end bad. Hppd will always be a part of you now and will present itself at the first opportunity you give it. Good luck stay positive and try meditation I think you will find it helpful.