I think some people were laughing at my idea of possible parasitic infection, but...

Fawkinchit

T. gondii is an intracellular parasite that has a tropism for the CNS. Although it is generally asymptomatic in immunocompetent hosts, it can lead to severe psychiatric, neurological disorders. Several studies have shown that T. gondii affects the synthesis of neurotransmitters, particularly DOPA, in infected individuals, which could lead to personality changes, psychotic symptoms, and in some cases, neurological and psychiatric disorders. The results of this study show that T. gondii appears to be an etiological factor of schizophrenia.

https://bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12888-020-02683-0

Pretty interesting stuff. Not making any claims that HPPD is a parasite, but its clearly shown to not be impossible.

and more...

Some cases of acute toxoplasmosis in adults are associated with psychiatric symptoms such as delusions and hallucinations. A review of 114 cases of acquired toxoplasmosis noted that “psychiatric disturbances were very frequent” in 24 of the case-patients (10). Case reports describe a 22-year-old woman who exhibited paranoid and bizarre delusions (“she said she had no veins in her arms and legs”), disorganized speech, and flattened affect; a 32-year-old woman who had auditory and visual hallucinations; and a 34-year-old woman who experienced auditory hallucinations and a thought disorder (11). Schizophrenia was first diagnosed in all three patients, but later neurologic symptoms developed, which led to the correct diagnosis of Toxoplasma encephalitis.

Tachyzoites may invade different types of nervous cells, such as neurons, astrocytes and microglial cells in the brain, and Purkinje cells in cerebellum. Intracellular tachyzoites manipulate several signs for transduction mechanisms involved in apoptosis, antimicrobial effectors functions, and immune cell maturation. Dopamine levels are 14% higher in mice with chronic infections. These neurochemical changes may be factors contributing to mental and motor abnormalities that accompany or follow toxoplasmosis in rodents and possibly in humans. Moreover, the antipsychotic haloperidol and the mood stabilizer valproic acid most effectively inhibit Toxoplasma growth in vitro with synergistic activity.

I've always felt that people should feel free to present their ideas and findings.  I think constructive criticism is valuable as long as the goal is to move us forward. 

Laugh at you?  That's not constructive.  We're here to help each other.

I've spent my life wondering why I contracted this disability.  People who dosed as much as I did, and ingested the same chemicals I did, don't admit to any HPPD symptoms (with a few exceptions).  I'm open to any ideas that might explain why.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...