hey guys, I need some advice!

r.trudeau

Hey i am in the same problem as you... i have 19 years i am from ecuador..! i find this web site!! i am scared about my mental health.. i leave med school! i have to concentrate in my future but this shit still ringing in my head! So it will be nice that you tell me about keppra medicattion..! i am worried because i wont find that medicine in my place! my fucking regret is taking LSD! :(

Welcome to the forum....

I know it is scary talking in terms of years for illness/recovery.... But it seems like nearly all the long term sufferers here have a breakthrough moment at around the 3 year mark.

For me, my depression and heavy anxiety seemed to get progressivly better around this period and this seems to be the same for others here too.... I don't know if our brain changes or our mindset (acceptance and moving on with life)... so, fingers crossed... You should be closing in on that time.

Keppra seems to work on quite a few people here, so I wish you luck with that.... But don't give up if it doesn't work.. as various things work for different people, i've probably tried 30 different meds over the last 16 years (mainly in the last 4 years).... yet I only 2 weeks ago found relief from anxiety taking magnesium supplements, of all things.

Stay positive, keep fighting.

Jay

Good news everyone, I've been on keppra for two days and all my symptoms are gone, completely gone! It's almost as if I've never had HPPD! I hate to report such good results so soon but it's all true! I'll post again when I increase my dose from 1000 to 1500 in two weeks. Have a good day everyone!

Hey i am in the same problem as you... i have 19 years i am from ecuador..! i find this web site!! i am scared about my mental health.. i leave med school! i have to concentrate in my future but this shit still ringing in my head! So it will be nice that you tell me about keppra medicattion..! i am worried because i wont find that medicine in my place! my fucking regret is taking LSD! :(

Hey, I hope all is good with you. I'm sorry you had to leave med school too, it's really hard to get over the fear of not being able to complete school. Try not to worry too much, it will only make things worse.

I just got on keppra a few days ago and it's a miracle in a pill! All of the my mental side effects are gone, the only thing I notice is very light VS in rooms with artificial light. If you have access to a doctor I would strongly recommend that you print out the keppra testimonial file, keppra research study and general information on HPPD. That's what I did and it was enough to convince my doctor to give me the medication. If you can't find the study or the file message me for the links. Have a good day!

Good news everyone, I've been on keppra for two days and all my symptoms are gone, completely gone! It's almost as if I've never had HPPD! I hate to report such good results so soon but it's all true! I'll post again when I increase my dose from 1000 to 1500 in two weeks. Have a good day everyone!

This is great news.... You don't have to jump to 1500mg if you are already feeling good. Keppra is a strong med, just take the amount that makes you feel normal (you could even try lowering the dose).

Are you taking anything else?

This is great news.... You don't have to jump to 1500mg if you are already feeling good. Keppra is a strong med, just take the amount that makes you feel normal (you could even try lowering the dose).

Are you taking anything else?

The only reason why I want to increase my dosage is because I want to emulate the study, but if It's too much for me I'll cut down.

And I'm taking k'pin as needed (2-3x per week) and I sometimes take nootropics, they seem to boost the positive effects of keppra. I'm taking noopept 15mgs, aniracetam 700-800mgs and a choline + inositol supplement.

Here's a picture of the other stuff i take, misusing a general multivitamin and vitamin b drops.

https://mail.google....1471720448-1

I take 2 of the gaba, 1 fish oil cap, 1 ginkgo 2x per day and 2 choline/inositol caps.

That's a hell of a mix!

hopefully you have struck gold. Are you planning to cut down on the other meds, if Keppra keeps working?

Great to hear a possible success story

That's a hell of a mix!

hopefully you have struck gold. Are you planning to cut down on the other meds, if Keppra keeps working?

Great to hear a possible success story

The only med I want to completely stop are the k'pins, as I don't want to get caught up in a bezo addiction. My pdoc is planning to help me tapper of slowly starting in six weeks. And for the nootropics and other supplements, I plan on taking those for life and doing cycles of the noopept (1 month off every 3 months).

I hope I struck gold too! I'll keep you all updated!

Your story sounds very similar to mine, I got hppd when I was 18 first semester of college. It was and still is the hardest thing I have even been through. The only difference is I did use drugs regularly in high school, but I was still a good student. I almost failed out of college because of hppd. I know what you mean with the reading, it can be quiet a challenge I gave up many times because things would not stay still. Now I am in my third year of college and although my symptoms are no better I have learned to cope with them. I still struggle when it comes to reading and even finding motivation to do homework but I find a way. Surprisingly I've made the deans list a few times since! Good luck, I hope things get better and you can go back to school :)

I wanted xanex for the anxietybut apparently its not legal here

Change doctor..... Xanax is perfectly legal in the UK. She is either lying or clueless, neither is a good thing.

Oh another thing, I am sure you have heard it before but your not brain damaged. I thought I was but to my surprise I am able to still learn and retain what I learn. Also us people with hppd tend to have higher IQ's :) I read that a few places and it makes sense. You're very smart and still are.

Curious, is there actually documentation that we are smart? LOL

And if so, does this refer to higher IQ as being a factor in susceptibility for HPPD?

Or is so, is it how much we have had to adapt (grow/learn) with our new 'way of perceiving'?

Your story sounds very similar to mine, I got hppd when I was 18 first semester of college. It was and still is the hardest thing I have even been through. The only difference is I did use drugs regularly in high school, but I was still a good student. I almost failed out of college because of hppd. I know what you mean with the reading, it can be quiet a challenge I gave up many times because things would not stay still. Now I am in my third year of college and although my symptoms are no better I have learned to cope with them. I still struggle when it comes to reading and even finding motivation to do homework but I find a way. Surprisingly I've made the deans list a few times since! Good luck, I hope things get better and you can go back to school :)

I did drugs pretty regularly too, just different stuff every other weekend...until the LSD :blink:

Happy you figured out how to cope with school, I've tried going back four times and was forced to give up because my brain fog was just way too much to deal with. I'm thinking about going back to med school next fall in hopes of being all the way better by then!

Keep up the good work and have a good last year of school, unless your going for your masters of course.

Oh another thing, I am sure you have heard it before but your not brain damaged. I thought I was but to my surprise I am able to still learn and retain what I learn. Also us people with hppd tend to have higher IQ's :) I read that a few places and it makes sense. You're very smart and still are.

It's funny that you mentioned that! About 6 months ago I was having one of my typical "I'm a blithering idiot freak outs," so I took an IQ test and scored an IQ of 133, which is considered "gifted." But of course, the panic attack still continued afterward... :ph34r:

I might need to try that approach with my doctor. She didnt have a clue about hppd and just didnt want to give me anything. I wanted xanex for the anxietybut apparently its not legal here, im wondering if klono and keppra will be.

You should go to a pdoc who specializes in substance abuse and tell them that you're having reoccurring acid flashbacks, in a sense. (they will know what that is, if they don't, leave and find a better pdoc) My best advice would be to print out all the links bellow. Once they're printed, highlight the important information.

http://www.ionchanne...p?pmid=17095897

http://en.wikipedia....eption_disorder

http://www.neurosoup...n_interview.htm

http://www.keppraxr....out/safety.aspx

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/11475916

http://www.biopsychi...m/clonazlsd.htm

https://docs.google....1h0BMk_PjxV2nDi

The last link are the testimonials, and for the study please, please don't give out the link to the study to others, as I don't want to get into trouble for giving it out, considering I paid $31 dollars to http://www.jns-journal.com (Journal of the Neurological Sciences) for it. I'll pm the study to you.

With all that info in front of a pdocs face they cannot say no, it would be way too ignorant for them to ignore hard evidence like so in their faces.

OOOH yea, one more thing, if your doctor is reluctant to prescribe you benzos, pm me and I'll give you a site to help you out. Only, if you are in direr need, of course. Benzo addiction sucks big d from what I've read.

I really really appreciate this thank u so much. I wont show the study to anyone else. Il get it all printed off into a folder. Im going to see some shrink iv been refered to fairly soon so il take it all with me and hopefully they will tell my doctor to give me some drugs. Iv managed well without the meds but the anxiety is getting in the way now so its got to go

If I were you, I would skip the shrink all together. Tried that route once and ended up right back where I stared, at the psychiatrists office. Just find a whole new doc, if you can, as it would probably make things a million times easier for you. Also, if you get on Keppra there may be no need for an anti anxiety medication because I haven't been taking mine since I've started. And my anxiety was pretty bad, but the medication differs per person, I guess.