Is hppd related to our gut?

No, and stop doing drugs. They do in fact cause significant neuronal damage, and most likely neuronal loss, in my thread the cause of HPPD and possible treatments, I talk about this, and why only some people get HPPD, its all relatively simple. Please stop shitting on your brain and please spread the word. Thank you!

Edited by Fawkinchit

On 8/14/2021 at 2:49 AM, Fawkinchit said:

No, and stop doing drugs. They do in fact cause significant neuronal damage, and most likely neuronal loss, in my thread the cause of HPPD and possible treatments, I talk about this, and why only some people get HPPD, its all relatively simple. Please stop shitting on your brain and please spread the word. Thank you!

Thank you for the comment, I really appreciate it. About the weed, the thing that made me use it. It was the fact that I was around legalized weed for the first time and I wanted to know how different it was.

Now about the Vitamin b3, I am really engaged to try all the alternatives treatments besides meds. That's also one of the reasons I was sharing my experience, all we have to fight this disfunction directly is people's statements and some researches, no big pharmaceutical company by our side, I guess we are not profitable ahha. 

I will really give it a try.

So one more doubt still remains, do you have an explanation for why do people with hppd have wild dreams while on antibiotics and what about the whole plot of the gut on the serotonin production/caption? 

Edited by megalodon
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, badhalfsack said:

Thank you for the comment, I really appreciate it. About the weed, the thing that made me use it. It was the fact that I was around legalized weed for the first time and I wanted to know how different it was. I haven't used any other drug besides alcohol and nicotine since I got the hppd. 

Now about the Vitamin b3, I am really engaged to try all the alternatives treatments besides meds. That's also one of the reasons I was sharing my experience, all we have to fight this disfunction directly is people's statements and some researches, no big pharmaceutical company by our side, I guess we are not profitable ahha. 

I will really give it a try.

So one more doubt still remains, do you have an explanation for why do people with hppd have wild dreams while on antibiotics and what about the whole plot of the gut on the serotonin production/caption? 

Nice, you're obviously pretty intelligent. I apologize I may have misunderstood a couple things you've said regarding current drug use.

We are definitely not profitable lmao.

As far as antibiotics and dreams I do not currently have any information on, its the first I have heard it for HPPD sufferers. I haven't done very extensive research on antibiotics either to know how they may potentially interact with the nervous system as well. I do know there are quite a lot of compounds(especially herbs) that stimulate dreams though, so its not too unheard of imo, as to the direct correlation I am unsure of.

It is really interesting that the majority of serotonin is actually produced by the gut, no doubt, and there are a LOT of neurons there, however, a simple study of anatomical injury and loss simply and easily demonstrates that brain trauma vs intestinal trauma supersedes neuro cognitive deficits easily, and there are predominately zero to no cognitive deficits lost in intestinal damage. Unless you have found studies I am unaware of.

Welcome by the way. Glad to have you here. 

Edited by Fawkinchit
  • Like 1

The last time I accrued hppd my biome test mentioned the word “war zone” about my gut. Viral loads. Fungi. Mold. Inability to process proteins correctly. They suggested 200 different lifestyle and supplements. I am going to do it again and expect it to be different. 

I think it is easy to do a drug, while something simultaneously happens that causes a neurological event, perhaps helped to be spurned on by the drug, but also perhaps not at all. Then, the brain, damaged and disordered from the event, cannot tolerate any drug now. You try a drug again, and it makes you worse, you assume the drugs are the root cause. It seems logical, but maybe you didn’t notice the glass you shared that night with a friend who had visited a foreign country, or the Amazon product you took you thought had proper COAs but… like most… are not good. I can link products with lead in them on Amazon rn with 4.5 star reviews.

many patients with brain disorders cannot use drugs. This doesn’t mean drugs caused them. It also doesn

Before anyone pops off this doesn’t mean you can do drugs, obviously, if you read that paragraph. 

our brain were simply not made for drugs. But they also are not made for the 80,000 new chemicals introduced into our environment by the fda since 1990. Anyone else notice everyone young getting sick? I do. Half my friends have autoimmune diseases and they are in their 20s. One of my families employees just died of cancer at 26. 

10% of us homes have very toxic levels of mold in them.

antibiotic use is rampant.

we eat a credit card of plastic every year.

our brains can’t handle a lot rn. A lot is being thrown at all of us. It’s a very sick planet rn. It’s a sad state. 

if there is a root etiology to hppd, all I can say is it’s going to become more prevalent because every individual at risk will be way more at risk. 

you don’t have to do drugs to get hppd. Just throwing that out there too. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Onemorestep said:

The last time I accrued hppd my biome test mentioned the word “war zone” about my gut. Viral loads. Fungi. Mold. Inability to process proteins correctly. They suggested 200 different lifestyle and supplements. I am going to do it again and expect it to be different. 

I think it is easy to do a drug, while something simultaneously happens that causes a neurological event, perhaps helped to be spurned on by the drug, but also perhaps not at all. Then, the brain, damaged and disordered from the event, cannot tolerate any drug now. You try a drug again, and it makes you worse, you assume the drugs are the root cause. It seems logical, but maybe you didn’t notice the glass you shared that night with a friend who had visited a foreign country, or the Amazon product you took you thought had proper COAs but… like most… are not good. I can link products with lead in them on Amazon rn with 4.5 star reviews.

many patients with brain disorders cannot use drugs. This doesn’t mean drugs caused them. It also doesn

Before anyone pops off this doesn’t mean you can do drugs, obviously, if you read that paragraph. 

our brain were simply not made for drugs. But they also are not made for the 80,000 new chemicals introduced into our environment by the fda since 1990. Anyone else notice everyone young getting sick? I do. Half my friends have autoimmune diseases and they are in their 20s. One of my families employees just died of cancer at 26. 

10% of us homes have very toxic levels of mold in them.

antibiotic use is rampant.

we eat a credit card of plastic every year.

our brains can’t handle a lot rn. A lot is being thrown at all of us. It’s a very sick planet rn. It’s a sad state. 

if there is a root etiology to hppd, all I can say is it’s going to become more prevalent because every individual at risk will be way more at risk. 

you don’t have to do drugs to get hppd. Just throwing that out there too. 

Yep, that's why for a while now I thought about going on a healing retreat in a remote location, fasting, meditating, exercising and sleeping. And after that have a healthier lifestyle than I do now.

A bit like when you're used to hot showers and take very cold ones for a bit, switching to warmer showers afterwards is very easy.

• 5 months later...
On 8/17/2021 at 4:58 PM, Lucas said:

Yep, that's why for a while now I thought about going on a healing retreat in a remote location, fasting, meditating, exercising and sleeping. And after that have a healthier lifestyle than I do now.

A bit like when you're used to hot showers and take very cold ones for a bit, switching to warmer showers afterwards is very easy.

Camping in the Woods or nature for a few days/weeks helped me greatly, it gives you a positive view on the future with all the possible adventures. I felt like a kid again on my goonie adventure.

Its also a pretty cheap hobby