Anyone plan on ever doing drugs again???

Gmo

Just curious. I'm sure most of you wouldn't but I'd like to be able to roll at shows again one day and maybe smoke every now and again. Weed and MDMA didn't really cause my HPPD and I'd prolly never mess with any psychedelics again.

Nope. Maybe when im 40 ill start burnin again depending on whats goin on in my life at that moment, and if i ever get terminal cancer or somethin then ill definitely go nuts on the morphine but thats about it. Serotogenic/Dopaminergic/Both drugs are CERTAIN to make this hellish disorder come back, at least for me. Even alcohol has done it for many. Ill definitely drink again, but never to the point of being wasted. Im gotten used to the idea of a sober life with the occasional benzo thrown in.

Nope. Maybe when im 40 ill start burnin again depending on whats goin on in my life at that moment, and if i ever get terminal cancer or somethin then ill definitely go nuts on the morphine but thats about it. Serotogenic/Dopaminergic/Both drugs are CERTAIN to make this hellish disorder come back, at least for me. Even alcohol has done it for many. Ill definitely drink again, but never to the point of being wasted. Im gotten used to the idea of a sober life with the occasional benzo thrown in.

I can't do it man.......I only really spent a 1 1/2 years of my life involved in substance use, but I miss it. I was COMPLETELY sober until about half way through my freshmen year of college, and then over freshmen and sophomore year is when all my experimentation occurred. I feel like after going through all this I have a more wholesome view of drugs and I could partake again and limit myself properly and treat my body well enough to be safe. But, this shit has definitely gotta go away before I'll do anything again.

I'll do the occasional line of coke.... It's never affected my hppd in the slightest... Maybe if i'm at a concert or something though.

I get wasted on booze every weekend.... I love it, can't help myself. I don't think it does me any good... but I just can't settle for sitting in on a saturday night watching tv.

I´m thinking about a mushroom trip this summer, but I´m not sure I will go through with it. Depending on my condition.

I can't remember your back story.... But even if you only have mild hppd and are fully cured by the summer.... you are still playing russian roullete. If I had all this info at my finger tips (back in my drug days), I wouldn't risk my sanity for the rest of my life, just to trip again. Back in 1996, when I did my last trip... I didn't know anything about this condition and made myself much worse.... You have a chance not to make such a mistake.

My advice... be thankful for the times you had and forget about pychedelics... Don't end up like 95% of us on this site who were gifted a warning sign, but ignored it and are now in a world of pain.

Oh man this thread makes me very anxious. Not to be condescending... It is just that I had the same mentality when I first got mild HPPD... I figured that it was the two particular drugs (MDMA, LSD) that caused my problems, and that everything else was fine. Even if your symptoms do go away, like Jay1 said, it is playing a gamble with the rest of your life.

It breaks my heart that you only used for a short time and developed this disorder. On the other hand, maybe it is a message your body and brain are sending you that "These drugs don't work for us... Only minor exposure to psychedelics have thrown our whole equilibrium out of whack." I know that it is hard to quit... Hell it is hard to want to quit! But now would be a good time to weigh the pro's and con's... One more fun trip, or a life debilitated by chronic HPPD.

As for me, I used and used after I developed the warning signs. Stayed away from psychedelics, but I would guess that the exposure to everything else weakened my mind to the point that one final trip would and did put me into a never ending twilight zone. As far as MDMA goes, I would personally consider it to be psychedelic, or at least a fringe-psychedelic... Especially at high doses. MDMA along with a long list of other drugs caused mine, and personally, I never never never plan on doing ANY drug again. I have seen where they take me, and it is nowhere good. I hope I didn't sound condescending... I just am nervous for everyone as well as myself when it comes to substance abuse. I have almost died multiple times from "hard" drugs... And it all started with cannabis and psychedelics.

If nothing else i would love to blaze up a fat joint but i have tried and its not a good experience.. Maybe after a few years but i figure after a few years i probably wont want to so whats the point.. As for MDMA as much as i miss it i dont think ever again... I did enough... maybe more than enough.....LOL .... I think Jay1 is right a line of coke here and there dont seem to do no harm other than the obvious... As for mushrooms.... Damn.... Im getting anxiety just thinking about it....

God I would have loved to try mescaline though...trippin in the desert or on the beach...sucks to know it'll never happen...maybe in the next one...I actually dreamt i smoked a J last night haha...i really miss that too...rollin it, smellin it, smokin it, spending countless hours doing pointless, highly entertaining shit on the computer or lounging around with my boys shooting the shit...

• Upvote 1

Mescaline is not all that unique... All the stories I have heard about it make it sound so spiritual and different, but for me anyways, it was just a really long mushroom trip. Minor differences but all in all, more similarities than differences. I guess I'm posting this to let you know that you didn't miss out on a whole lot... Ever done any 2C's? Very similar... Other than the slight empathogenic properties, or MDMA'ish effects, the 2C's are basically the same as mescalito. As far as chemical structure, they are very similar. Both are PEA's, like MDMA... Whereas booms, LSD, DMT, ibogaine, etc. are triptamines

Honestly even after all this I could see myself rollin again......I've taken MDMA after all this happened and actually had a good time. The time I took a speed based pill my visuals were WAAAAAAY worse and I wish I hadn't done it.......but when I got my hands on the powder MDMA, the purer stuff, I really enjoyed it and it actually killed the anxiety and liften my spirits for a few weeks after. Idk, like I said earlier I feel like I have a much more wholesome idea of drugs and I feel like I could limit myself enough to contain my visuals. But, if this does happen it wouldn't be anytime soon. At least a good year from now.

I only used for 7 1/2 months before hppd hit :( I've always wanted to try ecstasy and I'm fairly confident my symptoms will be 100% better in less than a year, but I'm gonna wait like 5 years before I try it just in case. Plus none of you guys are gonna believe me when I say this but I really am only gonna do it once.

I blame MDMA for 90% of my problems.... Very, very tough drug on the mind, in my opinion. After the main pyschedlics, this is the one to avoid.

i think im blaming mdma as thats what i was on last week when it hit although i took mxe aswell ( ketamine annalogue ) for the first time. i dont know if that one time thing kicked me over the edge or my previous mdma and 2cb use did it. in reality it probably was my should have been fatal 2cb sessions that have pushed my brain to such a point