I do not know if it's HPPD or Lyme disease?

Hi. I have no idea if I have HPPD or I have HPPD through Lyme disease. It started in 2015 in June. Earlier, I was under severe stress by a psychiatrist and drugs that destroyed me. At the end of June 2015, I discontinued Truxal (chlorprotrixen). And I started taking herbal medicines, 5 HTP and melatonin for sleeping because I could not poison this medicine anymore. After a few days when I went to sleep, I got a wavy line and my head was arbitrarily thrown back. I felt strangely at night. When I woke up I saw a lot of floaters. Hell has begun. I got a lot of stress. I do not remember if I smoked marijuana before. But after that I smoked marijuana but I was always unable to enlist. When the floaters were formed, I got conjunctivitis in a few days. I got drops and you're allergic. The inflammation went a bit, but it's not over. Later it was only worse. In August I fell ill with pneumonia. I had a terrible strong cough ... at night I suffocated ... antibiotics did not help much ... I did not have a cold. Then the hell started ... my stomach ached and I had cold sweats. I was lying half-conscious ... as under anesthesia. My head was so heavy that I could not keep my head upright. There was a brain fog, derealization, de personalization, problems with concentration and memory, stiff and strained muscles, visual snow. My eyes started to fester very much, they were burning and scratching. My eyes have been festering for two years. Lists from the eye were made. Nothing came out of the study. I was taking a lot of anti-allergy drops, antibiotics, steroids that did not help either.

What are my symptoms now: visual snow, bfep, eyes are dry and very painful are like tense, floaters, bfep, tense abdominal muscles which hurt a lot, temple pain, I do not feel like eating, lack of libid, diarrhea, undigested food, stiffness chic and back, tight muscles of the whole body, high pressure, sweat, hair loss, terrible seborrhoea, numbness of legs and hands, derealization, de personalization, brain fog, psychomotor anxiety, anxiety, strong depression, insomnia, agitation and fatigue, aggression attacks, my head was supposed to explode, strong eyes ache, views, taste and smell disorders, dementia, photophobia, bfep, CEV, floaters, photopsy, nyctalopia, halos, glare, ghosting, pulsating vision, flicker of vision, loss of sensitivity to contrast, visual glow / visual stress, body shaking,very dry eyes

Edited by Elendil

I had Lyme disease.  Fortunately it was caught early.  It can cause a lot of problems but I doubt it would cause visual hallucinations like I have.  I started to get joint pain but that's about it. 

<edit> In reality, It was never proven that I had Lyme Disease.  As I recall, the tests were negative, but my doctor couldn't figure out why I had joint pain.  I was put on the antibiotics because the tests at the time were so unreliable and she thought I might have it.  Perhaps they still are.  Just wanted to be as accurate as possible.  </edit>

Edited by MadDoc
clarification

• 2 months later...

So you were experiencing severe stress (and anxiety I presume...the two kind of go together) and then you saw a wavy line and started experiencing all the symptoms of hppd?

Isn't it strange how floaters were already there but with...HPPD...we suddenly see them or more of them? It's almost as if something happened to constrict the blood vessels in our eyes and dilate our pupils and narrow our focus so that we could scan the environment for certain phenomena.

I don't know what that phenomena would be but the selective attention it produces sure is interesting.

• 3 years later...
On 2/18/2018 at 8:45 PM, Elendil said:

Hi. I have no idea if I have HPPD or I have HPPD through Lyme disease. It started in 2015 in June. Earlier, I was under severe stress by a psychiatrist and drugs that destroyed me. At the end of June 2015, I discontinued Truxal (chlorprotrixen). And I started taking herbal medicines, 5 HTP and melatonin for sleeping because I could not poison this medicine anymore. After a few days when I went to sleep, I got a wavy line and my head was arbitrarily thrown back. I felt strangely at night. When I woke up I saw a lot of floaters. Hell has begun. I got a lot of stress. I do not remember if I smoked marijuana before. But after that I smoked marijuana but I was always unable to enlist. When the floaters were formed, I got conjunctivitis in a few days. I got drops and you're allergic. The inflammation went a bit, but it's not over. Later it was only worse. In August I fell ill with pneumonia. I had a terrible strong cough ... at night I suffocated ... antibiotics did not help much ... I did not have a cold. Then the hell started ... my stomach ached and I had cold sweats. I was lying half-conscious ... as under anesthesia. My head was so heavy that I could not keep my head upright. There was a brain fog, derealization, de personalization, problems with concentration and memory, stiff and strained muscles, visual snow. My eyes started to fester very much, they were burning and scratching. My eyes have been festering for two years. Lists from the eye were made. Nothing came out of the study. I was taking a lot of anti-allergy drops, antibiotics, steroids that did not help either.

What are my symptoms now: visual snow, bfep, eyes are dry and very painful are like tense, floaters, bfep, tense abdominal muscles which hurt a lot, temple pain, I do not feel like eating, lack of libid, diarrhea, undigested food, stiffness chic and back, tight muscles of the whole body, high pressure, sweat, hair loss, terrible seborrhoea, numbness of legs and hands, derealization, de personalization, brain fog, psychomotor anxiety, anxiety, strong depression, insomnia, agitation and fatigue, aggression attacks, my head was supposed to explode, strong eyes ache, views, taste and smell disorders, dementia, photophobia, bfep, CEV, floaters, photopsy, nyctalopia, halos, glare, ghosting, pulsating vision, flicker of vision, loss of sensitivity to contrast, visual glow / visual stress, body shaking,very dry eyes

Youre symptoms now describe me for the last two years. Its like I wouldve written this myself... Just two weeks ago I was hospitalized with ulcerstive colitis, servere kind. I was put on 3 different antibiotics, predisone IV, blood thinners, tramadol and Sobril. What I noticed during the treatmeant was that of course my visuals away, I had no tunnel vision anymore, floating feeling in ny body disappeared, I got my saliva back, my eyes didnt hurt and they turned white again, suddenly I could handle light without using shades, I suddenly had the ability to think clearly and not struggled with finding words when I type.

Iknow whats responsible for calming the visuals and its the the Sobril, Ive used that and valium earlier to calm it down. I felt normal again. But the redness in the eyes that cleared and didnt feel the need to use syntethic years anymore, and the saliva that I got back got me thinking. I'm gonna discuss it with my doctor when hes back what could be the cause of this.

After I was released from the hospital every single symptom is back. They cut me off tramadol, Sobril, blood thinners and the antibiotics. I feel like shit everyday, it comes in waves troughout the day.. stress has alot to do with it. But I also know that a viral infection can cause your body to stress so I'm questioning if this is hppd or possibly lyme disease. Even tho Ive been tested for lyme disease it can hide well inside the body.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2022 at 8:09 AM, Snaxxety said:

Youre symptoms now describe me for the last two years. Its like I wouldve written this myself... Just two weeks ago I was hospitalized with ulcerstive colitis, servere kind. I was put on 3 different antibiotics, predisone IV, blood thinners, tramadol and Sobril. What I noticed during the treatmeant was that of course my visuals away, I had no tunnel vision anymore, floating feeling in ny body disappeared, I got my saliva back, my eyes didnt hurt and they turned white again, suddenly I could handle light without using shades, I suddenly had the ability to think clearly and not struggled with finding words when I type.

Iknow whats responsible for calming the visuals and its the the Sobril, Ive used that and valium earlier to calm it down. I felt normal again. But the redness in the eyes that cleared and didnt feel the need to use syntethic years anymore, and the saliva that I got back got me thinking. I'm gonna discuss it with my doctor when hes back what could be the cause of this.

After I was released from the hospital every single symptom is back. They cut me off tramadol, Sobril, blood thinners and the antibiotics. I feel like shit everyday, it comes in waves troughout the day.. stress has alot to do with it. But I also know that a viral infection can cause your body to stress so I'm questioning if this is hppd or possibly lyme disease. Even tho Ive been tested for lyme disease it can hide well inside the body.

I have been a member of this forum for a long time. Recently, diagnosed with extreme bartonella and lyme. Third type of lyme infection based off of antibodies. 

been doing lots of reading on tick diseases and looking between the lines with hppd, mast cell diseases, inflammatory conditions, immune conditions, eye inflammation (not detectable through regular eye exams), gut issues like sibo— there is something to your logic

i recommend you get a full panel done by igenx, tlab inc, and galaxy labs. They will be able to help you figure out if you have lyme or other tick born disease states.