Do cigarettes worsen HPPD?

Traneboy

I started smoking for the first time in my life at october 13 this year. I smoked almost daily since, 2 to 5 joints a day and the only thing i noticed was once i smoked 5 cigs in a row i felt a sudden head rush and a feeling i otherwise would get from 0.5 mg of Alprazolam. I later found that is common for beginners and that that is the adaptation period or just that i inhaled too much nicotine and my brain was losing some oxygen.

But before i continue to smoke cigs, can they theoretically worsen visual disturbances?

Think twice before you decide to continue smoking.  Nicotine is a terrible and expensive addiction.  I quit smoking 30 years ago and it still nags at me once in a while.  That being said, I don't remember nicotine making my visuals worse.  What made them worse was when the nicotine levels dropped and I'd get that anxious feeling.  When I quit my visuals were awful until the physical withdrawal was over.  About two weeks if I recall.

Edited by MadDoc

While I don;t think it really affects hppd much (maybe very short term visual spike)... I don't think it helps in any way with your recovery. It is just more toxins that your body has to deal with.

6 hours ago, Traneboy said:

I started smoking because of desperation, i'd never smoke on my own. Thanks for your reply anyway, but I'm not dropping nicotine, especially since it is not expensive in my country.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to tell you what to do.  It's just that I had a rough time getting off tobacco.  Back then, back in the pre-nicorette days, tobacco was the only source of nicotine.  If I'd kept smoking I'd be a very sick human by now.  Quitting was horrible, just horrible.  Nicotine is a sneaky molecule.  Once it gets you, it doesn't let go without a fight.

6 hours ago, Jay1 said:

While I don;t think it really affects hppd much (maybe very short term visual spike)... I don't think it helps in any way with your recovery. It is just more toxins that your body has to deal with.

Yes Jay, that is common sense. But then again, you should be the one to understand me the most, how traumatizing the visuals are. I went and signed a year off of college, because i couldn't stare at the PC, and that is bad, since i'm majoring in computer science. How do i cope if i basically do nothing everyday? I take some cigs to calm me down.

As much as I want to promote a healthy life... I do also think we deserve a few treats, here and there. I drink beer, occasionally smoke (though i now use nicotine spray), have junk food nights etc