why people with hppd

Cjb007

so i keep asking my self why people who have hopped also get dpdr. people say that hppd is a pre-sezure state, and a sezure disorder can cause dpdr so is that maybe why we have it. i dont get why people with hppd also have dpdr when its just visual stuff. is it from trauma of bad trip is it anxiety or brain damage. and is it even possible i recover from the dpdr

People who've suffered child abuse or seen war get dpdr and have it for the rest of their lives. It's a form of ptsd I feel as if. They're connected but have different circumstances. I felt dpish like a week or two after smoking some bud. But afterwards I feel like me.

I know its hard not to worry but you worrying about it so much is probably making it worse. You need to look up radical acceptance. People get DPDR from stress, trauma, and abuse. The people that have it for years are usually people who have been severely abused as children or went through a traumatic event like war or a terror attack. If you try your best to accept it and move on with your life I think it will go away the less you think about it.

• 6 years later...
On 10/10/2023 at 9:37 PM, SomebodySomewhere said:

I think the idea of DP/DR being a PTSD type of response is correct, especially given the non-HPPD association between DP/DR and PTSD.

The only opinion that matters is an expert opinion. 

Don’t limit yourselves to just accept this shit. Demand research. Fight for a cure…

Siren, if you keep downvoting people's comments because you don't agree with them, i'll put you on a time out... I'm getting complaints left and right about your attitude. 

I don't like having to moderate this board... but tone your shit right down.