IS THERE DIFFERENT TYPES OF HPPD

I think so, yea.

I attribute most of my problems to mdma use... as I used lsd/shrooms for years without major problems. Bringing mdma (and speed) into the mix led to my breakdown.

I imagine lsd based hppd would be more visual and dp/dr... mdma based, more anxiety, paranoia and depression... But obviously both would have all those symptoms, to a degree.

i think treatment will be similar though, as both drugs work on the same receptors.

If you have depression, treat that first. That is the one symptom that will stop you fighting all the other shite.

How is the MDMA HPPD??... Do you still feel like tripping???.....A friend of me recently recieved HPPD from MDMA ......

My LSD-HPPD has no DP/DR, also the visuals keep very low, but that seems to be a rare case......

i think HPPD is completely or can be completely individual, some have visuals some not, some have DP/DR some not....

youd´have to find it out yourself, but if i´d be you i would stay away from this forum , not meaned bad, but may you could introduce some psychosis that you wouldnt had recieved.

(You wouldnt know the he :D)...nmy visual snow came after 2 weeks, and only after researching HPPD, but hey, if you see that your symptoms are "stabe" keep going

Well, I have it from Marijuana/Spice. I never really had it until I got really fucking high on some crazy strain, and went all nutters for twenty minutes. I have been DP/DR on trips before, but it never stuck with me. My HPPD showed up soon after smoking that weed, and my HPPD is purely visual. I think it's really random, to be honest.

Well, for a time before that marijuana and I had stopped getting along. So I think it is probable I had some form of maybe, a dormant, or precursor like HPPD. I say this because smoking before HPPD was almost like when you smoke with HPPD, but nowhere near as bad. I just couldnt handle it any more. It made really uncomfortable. I should have taken a break. But, I kept smoking. I was with a friend, and we smoked a huge bowl of crazy nug to ourselves. And we kept hittingit, and hitting it, til we were smoking less than ash, and I kept getting higher, and higher. I started to have a huge panic attack, and ever since a few days after that I have had some form of HPPD. Now, there was some talk about there being other things that he smoked out of that pipe with friends, than weed. I've heard mushrooms, painkillers, and some RC's. I don't think any of that was in there, pretty positive it was just weed. Anyways, as for your question about my HPPD. It was really bad when I first got it, with DP/DR and snow. The DP/DR would only show up the morning after I drank. Unfortunately I was graduating High School so I was drinking a lot. Ended up causing my Star-bursting. However, after about two weeks or so the DP/DR vanished completely. Even if I drink. Now I just have the starbursting, some random flashes of blue, that some times make trails. If i'm sitting down, and the suddenly sit up, ill see blue dots everywhere. And some snow, and a little anxiety. I can not say for sure whether this has gotten better or worse. Sometimes it seems better, sometimes it seems worse. I also have a very, very mild ringing in my ears now. And my starbursting has gotten weird, and I have developed some minor ghosting. However, I would say my HPPD is 85% visual at this point. So I would like to belive recovery is fairly probably. I have HPPD for around 5 or 6 months.

It's hard to judge how much I have recovered or haven't. Since the beginning of HPPD, I have indulged in drugs and alcohol a few times. I've smoked weed 3 or 4 times, with no serious effects. I still get really, really high, and I only took a quick little puff all of those times. Alcohol seems to be alright, it increases snow for a few days after, though. Painkillers are well, painkillers :)

So as you can see, I don't honestly know. I tried to answer your question as best I could, so I chose to be as thorough as possible. Hope this doesn't seem like a bunch of pointless rambling.

Also, I am thoroughly convinced had I listened to my body and not consumed as much as alcohol as I had or smoked weed at the beginnings of my HPPD, or really stopped smoking weed all together, I would not be dealing with this now.

• Upvote 1

I think too much MDMA can give you HPPD with a lot of depression. LSD: you just feel well fried, "stupid", photo-sensitive, helpless, and see shit (anxiety + depression also possible).

To me, i think drugs like RC chems and PCP pose the most threat to feeling good, and mental and visual wellbeing.

But believe it or not, OTC drugs and synthetic pot, bath salts, and other legal and/or designer drugs can in large dose induce strong persistent states (far more negative to psychological/intellectual wellbeing): unlike the more common drugs that are abused such as opiates, marijuana, alcohol etc.

Certain types of shrooms seem to give some people lots of prolonged dr/dp.

Amphetamines and analogues is a really wicked in very large doses. A non-lethal "OD" "shocks" the system to such an extent that not only is there physical trauma but recurrent-memory-emotional-chemical-hormonal-stress-scary-hauntingly traumatic. The end result is often psychosis and visual disturbances and hyper-vigilance run rampant.

Hallucination and visual disturbances can differ in my mind (for sure) from one drug to another.

I would also look into sleep apnea and hypnogogia (+ hypnopompic phenomena).

Mike seriously i think your weed has been lazed with something, especially that it´s only visual is very strange.....I think it´s not difficult to order lazed weed now, espeacilly because all those synthetic cannabinoids are available now, did you had optics while your trip, or did they just came afterwards??.....And youre sure that the "High" feeled completely like weed??..:Maybe you noticed a small differ in Upcoming or at Peak?.....

Example: A small dose of 2-CB feels almost exactly like a normal dose of MDMA, just a bit "colder"

Mike seriously i think your weed has been lazed with something, especially that it´s only visual is very strange.....I think it´s not difficult to order lazed weed now, espeacilly because all those synthetic cannabinoids are available now, did you had optics while your trip, or did they just came afterwards??.....And youre sure that the "High" feeled completely like weed??..:Maybe you noticed a small differ in Upcoming or at Peak?.....

Example: A small dose of 2-CB feels almost exactly like a normal dose of MDMA, just a bit "colder"

I'm pretty certain it was just weed. It felt like I was just too high, and I had a really bad anxiety attack. It also went away within the hour, and I felt fine.

That's how mine started as well. I had done acid before just a tiny bit but no bad effects. I smoked a joint had a panic attack it happened one more time then the last time I smoked a joint it felt like I was way to high. It felt like I crossed a line that I would never be able to come back over. It stayed with me panic 24/7 for maybe a year before I started to learn how to calm myself and control them somewhat. But I also got dr,tinnitus,visuals and the panic. Dr.A said that it was the fact that I had done acid In the past so it was still there in my system. Idk but I did feel like it was the pot that did it to me.

Do you guys think if a parent does acid or some type of a heavy drug that they could somehow pass that to the child. Dr.A felt like you had to use LSD or something like that at some point in your life to develop hppd. Could myslingerbult's parents have done this and pass it done and when he smoked pot it set it off? I'm just trying to understand these people who have never touched a drug or smoked pot once how they get it.

I believe anyone can get it's very closely linked with things like pma visual snow lots of people probably suffer with persistent migraine aura I think they are all very close and different things can set these different issues off in the brain I personally think my visual trouble started after a panic attack I had during the come down of my MDMA and bad trip I think people are more prone to developing these things like before I'd ever done any drugs I had visual snow and light sensitivity afterimages the lot one night with a migraine went away after my migraine went away so kinda figures I'd be the unlucky one to develop hppd from doing drugs so maybe it could be hereditary

If you want to categorize HPPD in different classes, then by all means, do so. If, however you choose to do this, you will need to take into effect the endless multitude of visuals and effects that an individual can experience. One could have just visual snow an dp/dr, the next could be full on psychedelic and not have dp/dr, both examples from the same drug. I beleive HPPD is totally random in a sense but is also dictated by an individuals brain chemistry. We ALL aquire HPPD in our Visual Cortex, and it depends on our seratonin in sequence, which leaves endless possibilities in the make-up and levels of said areas, which leaves endless possibilities for types of visions and types of emotional disorders.

Yeah I totally agree with you I tend to think it's more of a reaction our brains have had to a drug and everyone has different reactions due to our chemistry I had issues before I ever done MDMA which probably would be warning signs for me to be a candidate for developing it but I was very uneducated and didn't have a clue about hppd this needs to be told to kids at school when they have the say no to drugs campaigners come in if I was told a drug could make me blind or a drug could kill me I'd take rhe death risk may sound extreme but that's my view lol

yea, for sure... i'd love to go back in time and smack myself around the head... but being the thick teenager i was, i'd still probably have done it.

i remember a few stories of people getting permafried, but it was like a myth, back then... like hearing about a guy who thought he was an orange and tried to peal himself!

People are luckier now to have all this info... although i do wonder if people go looking for hppd symptoms now.. once they come down from their trip or high.

Do you guys think if a parent does acid or some type of a heavy drug that they could somehow pass that to the child. Dr.A felt like you had to use LSD or something like that at some point in your life to develop hppd. Could myslingerbult's parents have done this and pass it done and when he smoked pot it set it off? I'm just trying to understand these people who have never touched a drug or smoked pot once how they get it.

I can assure you that my parents haven't used any drugs, they don't even drink alcohol. Drug use affects your brain, not your future childerns, it's simple biology.

However, i smoked pot 5 times and the last time was ridiculously scary, i saw myself die in third person view and then i exchanged a few words with the devil (my friends have told me that i was unconscious on the floor during the trip). Marijuana can give you hallucinations if you're vulnerable.