Visual Snow Syndrome

Hi guys in 2020 January I’m develop a visual snow disorder 

palinopsia bfep brightness in vision 

deralization ,brainfog and headache constant 

In 2022 I got medication propanalol 80mg

duloxetine60 mg lamotrygine 50 mg

helping me a lot with visual snow headaches brainfog deralization and anxiety but one problem it’s a palinopsia this shit constant worse every quarter or half year from 2021 I don’t know why and start very affect my live and made me again more anxious and started suicidal thinking 😕 anyone have any tips for palinopsia ? I’m consider to start take clonazepam now for try to see this symptoms improved it’s safe ? And don’t worse my situation or change lamotrygine or higher dose of this :/.

5 hours ago, mulaq said:

Hi guys in 2020 January I’m develop a visual snow disorder 

palinopsia bfep brightness in vision 

deralization ,brainfog and headache constant 

In 2022 I got medication propanalol 80mg

duloxetine60 mg lamotrygine 50 mg

helping me a lot with visual snow headaches brainfog deralization and anxiety but one problem it’s a palinopsia this shit constant worse every quarter or half year from 2021 I don’t know why and start very affect my live and made me again more anxious and started suicidal thinking 😕 anyone have any tips for palinopsia ? I’m consider to start take clonazepam now for try to see this symptoms improved it’s safe ? And don’t worse my situation or change lamotrygine or higher dose of this :/.

I'm surprised anything helped you with visual snow. My visual snow never gets better (just worse in dark areas and climates). Well I'm glad that it helped you!! 😃👍

5 hours ago, mulaq said:

I was stupid and in may this year I smoke weed and after week of this palinopsia very worse and don’t want to back ://

Oh yeah I completely stay away from weed, coffee and psychedelics. Complete abstinence from such things lol. However alcohol I'm okay with. In fact alcohol seems to help me a bunch. Alcohol seems to be very effective on anxiety.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 10:11 AM, brake said:

Oh yeah I completely stay away from weed, coffee and psychedelics. Complete abstinence from such things lol. However alcohol I'm okay with. In fact alcohol seems to help me a bunch. Alcohol seems to be very effective on anxiety.

I became QUITE the drinker after I developed HPPD. I was even starting to drink a bit too much before that because the guy I was with at the time was basically an alcoholic and would start drinking beer like at 11 am! But I drank with him anyway. Every minute I was at his house, and I was there a lot especially because living at home SUCKED. I had a job but when I was off work I always hung out with him and drank and smoked pot. He was basically the one who introduced me to LSD. I was 19 at the time. We used to trip almost every weekend. Then drink tons of beer and smoke loads of pot to come down. My poor brain ☹️ I got HPPD in August of 1998. I was a couple months away from turning 20 and I worked at a bank as a teller. I ended up losing my job because I couldn’t think straight and I couldn’t balance my drawer. After I got HPPD, I drank a lot because it was the only way to get my mind off of it and not be completely freaked 24/7. I was ok when I was inebriated but the next day my HPPD would be worse. I guess from the alcohol.