There's always hope

Jay1

None of us are ok... I've had severe, life crippling HPPD since 1995. But there is a way of speaking to each other that just encourages conversation. Jumping onto a small, well intention post about not giving up to shout your agenda is just not the way the world works. As you can see, i haven't banned you and you are welcome to post whatever you want on here as long as it's not spam or causing extreme problems for others. I think creating your own post is the better approach.

BTW - I have sent every bulk email request i've ever received via PM here... If it was emailed or sent to reddit, then it is more likely it went through the cracks, so always PM me here. Also note that people are actively doing things... lots of things... Damn, this forum costs me $45 a month and that's come out of my pocket for maybe the last 10 years now... That's $5k+ right there, just because I feel we need a "home" that is not as frenzied as social media. There are people here doing various things for various societies and research groups... I struggle to keep track of which is which, but people are actively trying to do things.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

@Siren001

I do feel your pain, really I do. It sounds like you're at your wits end looking for help.

The only thing we are asking is to be nice. Jay1 is a great admin, we're lucky to have him. 

I truly do feel for you. As for being banned from r/hppd, they give horrible advice anyway. Many of us have had bad experiences there. I know I'll never return there.

This forum is full of reasonable, nice people that want to help. This includes Jay1, who both moderates and funds this community. He's the last person anyone should get mad at. I've been here pre-nodid, and can attest he's always been amazing.

I'm changing from being frustrated with you to realizing you're simply in pain. Just be civil and we'll be happy to help. The Australian research is a great idea, just don't be mean about it.

I genuinely am wishing you well. Please try and put yourself in our shoes given your initial reaction. Nobody hates you, we're all on the same side.

Edited by SomebodySomewhere

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 1:19 AM, Jay1 said:

Rather than coming on this post pissing on everyone's chips... Why not make a post about all the amazing things you are obviously doing to help the cause, maybe you'll inspire people into action. 

I was literally about to say the same! Like, Siren001, tell us all of the wonderful, heroic actions you are taking to try to “cure” this. Are you actually DOING anything? Do tell. All you do is repeat yourself and personally I think you are a huge pain in the ass and totally negative.

• Haha 1