HPPD for 7 months

Cory

Hi, my names Cory and I’ve been experiencing HPPD on and off for about 7 months. I’ve taken acid a hand full of times and mushrooms twice. I also used to smoke marijuana daily on and off for 3 years, and I’ve used Nicotine since I turned 17 (I’m currently 20). As of now I’m on the following medications: Rexulti, Invega Sustenna, lamotrigine, klonopin, adderall, and visteral as needed. Has anyone else been on a combo of these meds and noticed an increase/decrease in symptoms.

That's a lot of meds to be taking. It would be near impossible to know if any are doing good/harm. Especially if clonazepam is masking some symptoms. 

Are they all meds for hppd, or some that you were already taking?

I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder so the rest have been added throughout the past 6 months. I’ve been on lamotrigine for almost a year now. I started experiencing symptoms heavily after I took mushrooms for the 2nd time but also after starting the Invega.

Do you think you have bi-polar, or are the doctors just hearing the words "drugs" and "mental health issues" and being lazy?

I wouldn't want to encourage you to do anything without a doctor's advice... But throwing that many meds at an issue, so early on, just seems very OTT. If it were me, i'd be asking for a 2nd opinion. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 8:37 AM, Jay1 said:

Do you think you have bi-polar, or are the doctors just hearing the words "drugs" and "mental health issues" and being lazy?

I wouldn't want to encourage you to do anything without a doctor's advice... But throwing that many meds at an issue, so early on, just seems very OTT. If it were me, i'd be asking for a 2nd opinion. 

I completely agree 100% with what Jay is saying. Especially with the Adderall, if you feel you have HPPD you should definitely remove at the very least that, as I would most likely assume it would exasperate symptoms.

The Vistaril is an antihistamine, I'm assuming he prescribed it cause sometimes it used for anxiety?? But its a pretty poor choice. Drug manufacturers love having multiple reason for prescription of their drugs so they try and get it approved for any condition they can, regardless of whether it works significantly or not. For example metformin for "weight loss" lmao.

Main one to stick to on that list if your symptoms are really bad is the klonopin/benzodiazepine

Also stop all drug usage. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 8:19 PM, Fawkinchit said:

I completely agree 100% with what Jay is saying. Especially with the Adderall, if you feel you have HPPD you should definitely remove at the very least that, as I would most likely assume it would exasperate symptoms.

The Vistaril is an antihistamine, I'm assuming he prescribed it cause sometimes it used for anxiety?? But its a pretty poor choice. Drug manufacturers love having multiple reason for prescription of their drugs so they try and get it approved for any condition they can, regardless of whether it works significantly or not. For example metformin for "weight loss" lmao.

Main one to stick to on that list if your symptoms are really bad is the klonopin/benzodiazepine

Also stop all drug usage. 

Anyone willing to send me klonopin or Xanax? I’m really struggling. 😭 I’ll pay !!! I’m doctor gave me hydroxyzne and on this page it’s really nothing but bad news when it comes to that. 

On 1/3/2023 at 1:38 PM, Jayly said:

Anyone willing to send me klonopin or Xanax? I’m really struggling. 😭 I’ll pay !!! I’m doctor gave me hydroxyzne and on this page it’s really nothing but bad news when it comes to that. 

Best suggestion is to just explain that most research shows benzodiazepines as the only safe treatment for HPPD. And yes personally I wouldn’t try the Hydroxyzine. If the doctor still won’t prescribe benzos just move on to one that is more understanding.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fawkinchit said:

Best suggestion is to just explain that most research shows benzodiazepines as the only safe treatment for HPPD. And yes personally I wouldn’t try the Hydroxyzine. If the doctor still won’t prescribe benzos just move on to one that is more understanding.

100%, never be scared to move on from a doctor if you think they are uniformed or not empathetic to your situation.