Relapse

Jjjj

Hello everyone,

Recently I was sick with Covid and well into recovery I have noticed my symptoms have came back. I have extreme anxiety, everything looks very bright, I can’t sleep, and my afterimages have gotten worse. I also have visual snow and I think it slightly increased. I am having a complete relapse again for the third time in my life. I am having a tough time trying to deal with it. It seems that every time I get really sick it brings back those symptoms. Does anyone else experience the same?? 

• Like 1

My symptoms ebb and flow.  In general, stress is what makes it worse.  I had  major changes in my life recently (moving, retirement, and surgery) and I had a new symptom show up.  When I'm waking up from a deep sleep, in that short time between sleep and waking, I'd see just insane moving fractal like designs behind my eye lids.  Once awake, it goes away.  In general my ongoing symptoms were increased as well.  Now that I'm coming to grips with my new life, and the stress has reduced, I'm getting back to "normal".  So yeah, in my case, I think it's due to stress.  I can imagine Covid stresses the body and mind.  Hopefully you'll be doing better soon.  The fact that your symptoms have disappeared in the past, in my amateur opinion, is a really good sign.

Take care.

Edited by MadDoc
foolish typing

Stress is defo my worst enemy, I had a major flare-up in July last year ( funnily enough tho, it was after a heavy drinking session on red wine and Port and I had a case of the DT's and had a major panic attack ) and only now am I really feeling like 'myself' again and back to some kind of 'baseline'. The DPRD is and Anxiety the absolute killer for me, but thankfully now as good as they will ever be, barring some miracle or majic pill. And I took enough 'magic pills' in my time to know that generally they are bad.

Relax, eat well, sleep well, live well, think well.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:56 AM, Jjjj said:

Hello everyone,

Recently I was sick with Covid and well into recovery I have noticed my symptoms have came back. I have extreme anxiety, everything looks very bright, I can’t sleep, and my afterimages have gotten worse. I also have visual snow and I think it slightly increased. I am having a complete relapse again for the third time in my life. I am having a tough time trying to deal with it. It seems that every time I get really sick it brings back those symptoms. Does anyone else experience the same?? 

Yes...it seems if I am in any sort of weakened state such as illness or even lack of rest my symptoms are stronger. Good reason to do all we can to stay healthy and rested!