Is hempflower a bad idea?

So I'm gonna start off by saying I've smoked hemp flower before and 90-95% of the time it worked. (20:1 CBD to THC ratio)

But I got cocky and rolled a "blunt" with tobacco leaf and had a huge relapse. Took me another year to get back to my semi normal state. And it even made the hemp give me anxiety so I had to quit for that year.

Well now that I'm basically back to how I was before smoking the tobacco I want to try hemp flower again. But of course I'm fearful because there is still traces of THC and i just get general anxiety thinking I could prolong my HPPD or make it worse you know?

Main thing here is I'm wondering if anyone has experimented with hempflower or oil with 20:1 ratio and how it affected you. I know we are all different but I would like some reassurance. Whether good or bad. On what to do next lol. Thank you <3

It was just tobacco and hemp but I had a negative reaction to it, which I thought was odd too lol.

The hemp it self never really caused any problems, atleast that I could see short term.

The problem here is I don't know which one did it and caused the relapse. That's why I'm wondering if others had a negative reaction to it.

Edited by Brattymaddy

5 hours ago, Brattymaddy said:

It was just tobacco and hemp but I had a negative reaction to it, which I thought was odd too lol.

The hemp it self never really caused any problems, atleast that I could see short term.

The problem here is I don't know which one did it and caused the relapse. That's why I'm wondering if others had a negative reaction to it.

I smoke a cigar every now and again, with little to no issues.

Yes I'm sure, But that doesn't mean others have little to no issues. I have 0 idea why this could be the case but it is?

Before I even got HPPD I tried vaping nicotine and I had averse reactions to it then too. It was nauseating, I was sweating and clammy. and was overall uneasy, borderline anxious.

If I don't get any legitimate answers within the next few days for hemp flower I might just be a guinea pig my self and go for it tbh, sadly that's the only true way to find out if it's "safe".

I realized I only ever had problems with it after combining the 2.

On 7/11/2021 at 4:57 PM, Brattymaddy said:

Yes I'm sure, But that doesn't mean others have little to no issues. I have 0 idea why this could be the case but it is?

Before I even got HPPD I tried vaping nicotine and I had averse reactions to it then too. It was nauseating, I was sweating and clammy. and was overall uneasy, borderline anxious.

If I don't get any legitimate answers within the next few days for hemp flower I might just be a guinea pig my self and go for it tbh, sadly that's the only true way to find out if it's "safe".

I realized I only ever had problems with it after combining the 2.

Its your choice, I just don't understand exactly why you would though. I don't particularly understand a lot of peoples choices though.

• 3 months later...

You may have just gotten what's called a "hot nug". I grew cannabis before getting HPPD and switched over to hemp flower once I realized I had it. When growing cannabis you can never be sure about the THC content of every bud on a plant. Sure, a good majority of a harvest might test out at .3% THC (the legal federal limit) but it's impossible to test every single bud. If you're going to continue using CBD/hemp flower I'd suggest buying it from a reputable source where you can view their certificate of testing for anything that you buy. I personally only buy from an online place called Tweedle Farms. They're total THC compliant and I've never gotten a "hot nug" from them. Not saying it's impossible, but if you buy it from reputable places it will definitely be hard to come across a high-THC nug. I love hemp flower as a replacement for regular weed so I get the impulse to use it, just make sure you're aware of any flareups it could cause & that you don't get it from a sketchy place.

• 3 weeks later...

There is an assumption here that thc, nicotine, or hemp is the culprit of your relapse state. In reality, there are dozens if not hundreds of factors that could correlate with it.

what was in the blunt wrap? Did you go into a gas station to get it? Did that gas station have mold? Was the car you drove in new? Old? People experience different biological stressors in both scenarios. 

were you under stress at the time? 

this is just a few diff scenarios where you start to wonder.

what was the supply chain like for the products you ingested? Did they come into contact with mycotoxins? Or did they contain chemicals you may be sensitive to and do not know? 

the world is more strange than you might believe. It’s difficult to imagine that it’s not what effects you… it’s what doesn’t effect you?