Huge symptoms improvements on Keto diet

To make it short:

1. Did Keto during 25 days. Symptoms went down to a point I could barely notice them.

2. My doctor said to stop it because I was having too much animal protein

3. I went back to eating high carb, and symptoms came back to baseline

-> Why am I not staying on Keto?

Too many side effects, and dangerous on the long run

-> Notes

- Most people who thing are doing Keto are not in real ketosis. It takes huge commitment to do it. I was using a blood ketone tester and I was getting about 1.5 reading in the mornings

- This is a complex diet, you gotta study it well before starting

-> Takeways

Keto puts the body in a metabolic state similar to fasting. It increases BDNF and downregulates mTOR, stimulating autophagy. It also modulates Glutamate / GABA ratios.

Next step is to try Exogenous Ketones, to see if I can get the same benefits without the drawbacks.

I hope this helps whoever is desperate for a reduction in symtoms.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

This podcast explains all about Keto and it does say that people either gain very little benefit from Exogenous Ketones, or none at all. Have you tried them? I am seriously contemplating the diet, but a pill or liquid in lieu of the diet would be so much easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjEFo3a1AnI

• 1 year later...

Hey, thanks for sharing your Keto experience! It sounds like you've been on quite the health journey. Considering the side effects you mentioned, have you ever considered giving VR fitness a shot (you can read more at https://fitnessown.com)? It's a fun and engaging way to stay active without some of the challenges of strict diets like Keto. Plus, it can be a great way to mix things up and keep your workouts exciting. Just a thought! Keep exploring what works best for you.

Edited by JanetValentin

On 5/22/2021 at 10:20 AM, rlopes said:

To make it short:

1. Did Keto during 25 days. Symptoms went down to a point I could barely notice them.

2. My doctor said to stop it because I was having too much animal protein

3. I went back to eating high carb, and symptoms came back to baseline

-> Why am I not staying on Keto?

Too many side effects, and dangerous on the long run

-> Notes

- Most people who thing are doing Keto are not in real ketosis. It takes huge commitment to do it. I was using a blood ketone tester and I was getting about 1.5 reading in the mornings

- This is a complex diet, you gotta study it well before starting

-> Takeways

Keto puts the body in a metabolic state similar to fasting. It increases BDNF and downregulates mTOR, stimulating autophagy. It also modulates Glutamate / GABA ratios.

Next step is to try Exogenous Ketones, to see if I can get the same benefits without the drawbacks.

I hope this helps whoever is desperate for a reduction in symtoms.

I know some people who were safely doing Keto for a long time. Is it really that dangerous?