Study suggests that taking Clonazepan for 2 months can resolve symptoms (CAUTION)

Lookingst the last sentence of the abstract, these patients seemed to have type 1 HPPD, which is a pussy disorder compared to type 2.

"Given the benign nature of HPPD I, the use of benzodiazepines should be proposed only for severe cases, in the acute phase, and for the short term."

There's also this:

"Benzodiazepines may be useful and effective in eliminating benign HPPD I and ameliorating, but not completely eradicating, pervasive HPPD II symptoms"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5870365/

Edited by Hall89

• 1 month later...

I’ve had HPPD for about 24/25 years, been on clonazepam every single day for about 12 or so years, it relieved so many of my symptoms it was like a miracle drug, I was pretty much back to my normal self! I stayed on a low dose for many years but a prescriber I once had doubled my dose cuz I was having bad panic attacks (not due to HPPD.) I was like, I only take clonazepam for HPPD but he acted like he didn’t hear me or something and doubled my dose to 3 mg per day. I swear, it seems like no one has ever heard of HPPD, although they are way more open to research it now than they were back in 1998, when I got it. But whatever, I now take 3 mg per day and am fine. But if I don’t take one “on time” I start feeling HPPD symptoms creep in, so it’s like, crap!!! On one hand it has been an absolute miracle drug for me, but on the other hand, I’m horrified at the thought of what will happen if someday I am no longer able to get it. So it’s good and bad I guess.