Do i have hppd?

Doesn't sound like hppd (floaters are not hppd), though it will help to describe what you mean by light tremor. Your body IS warning you that these drugs are not working out for you though. 

1 hour ago, Jay1 said:

Doesn't sound like hppd (floaters are not hppd), though it will help to describe what you mean by light tremor. Your body IS warning you that these drugs are not working out for you though. 

Sometimes I have muscle trembeling in my legs or fingers

I agree with Jay that your body is sending you a signal.  Whether you have HPPD or not is not something one can say with certainty, however I would strongly encourage you to follow a simple regiment to help your body and mind recover:

• Stop all drugs (even alcohol for a bit if you can) 
  • Get as much sleep as you can 
  • Exercise regularly even if it makes your symptoms worse
  • Eat well 
  • Stay busy with work/ school/ hobby etc
  • Try not to worry 
  • Learn to meditate if you can (this was really helpful for me) 
  • If you're open to it, start praying to God (it doesn't have to be any particular religion and you don't even have to believe in anything just ask for help on your knees everyday.  I really believe help will come if we reach out)

Also keep in mind that if you do have HPPD, cannabis tends to exacerbate the symptoms so I would recommend stopping (at least temporarily) if it is part of your life.  

Take Care,

Nick 

2 hours ago, cosmiccharlie said:

I agree with Jay that your body is sending you a signal.  Whether you have HPPD or not is not something one can say with certainty, however I would strongly encourage you to follow a simple regiment to help your body and mind recover:

• Stop all drugs (even alcohol for a bit if you can) 
  • Get as much sleep as you can 
  • Exercise regularly even if it makes your symptoms worse
  • Eat well 
  • Stay busy with work/ school/ hobby etc
  • Try not to worry 
  • Learn to meditate if you can (this was really helpful for me) 
  • If you're open to it, start praying to God (it doesn't have to be any particular religion and you don't even have to believe in anything just ask for help on your knees everyday.  I really believe help will come if we reach out)

Also keep in mind that if you do have HPPD, cannabis tends to exacerbate the symptoms so I would recommend stopping (at least temporarily) if it is part of your life.  

Take Care,

Nick 

do you think it will last a long time?

and thank you for answering 

On 4/27/2021 at 10:18 AM, Jay1 said:

gotcha, thanks... that is not a symptom of hppd. 

The worst symptom is the brain fog, it's sometimes more or less present but it makes me crazy. Everything is just blurry and unclear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, cosmiccharlie said:

It's impossible to put an accurate time frame on it but just give it a few months.  Put your mind and body in a position to recover and it will.  

It's been a month now and not much has changed. I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor or wait. I'm afraid that I have ruined my brain

2 hours ago, Hydra313 said:

It's been a month now and not much has changed. I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor or wait. I'm afraid that I have ruined my brain

Consulting with a doctor might not be a bad idea, like Jay said what you have doesn't really sound like HPPD.  Unfortunately the rabbit hole of pursuing medical treatment for HPPD as of now is not very reliable.  This will hopefully change over time once the medical community starts getting a handle on the underlying mechanisms.  For now it seems the best course of action for one suffering from HPPD is the one we have told you. Live healthy, stop all drugs and let the body heal.  One month isn't much time, give it a few more and try not to obsess over your condition.  Do you obsess over your bodies handling of the flu or a cold?  No, we let the machinery do its job and trust that everything will be okay.  I think approaching these situations with this attitude can be beneficial.  One thing is certain, anxiety makes the condition worse which usually generates more anxiety and we find ourselves in a type of feedback loop.  

You'll be  okay, just hang in there. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cosmiccharlie said:

Consulting with a doctor might not be a bad idea, like Jay said what you have doesn't really sound like HPPD.  Unfortunately the rabbit hole of pursuing medical treatment for HPPD as of now is not very reliable.  This will hopefully change over time once the medical community starts getting a handle on the underlying mechanisms.  For now it seems the best course of action for one suffering from HPPD is the one we have told you. Live healthy, stop all drugs and let the body heal.  One month isn't much time, give it a few more and try not to obsess over your condition.  Do you obsess over your bodies handling of the flu or a cold?  No, we let the machinery do its job and trust that everything will be okay.  I think approaching these situations with this attitude can be beneficial.  One thing is certain, anxiety makes the condition worse which usually generates more anxiety and we find ourselves in a type of feedback loop.  

btw i'm only 16 and don't know if i should tell my parents.
And thanks for your help : )

On 5/11/2021 at 2:48 PM, cosmiccharlie said:

I have trouble concentrating and I will take exams next week. Do I have brain damage or is it only temporary? I also get more and more eye floaters