Longtimers: Nightime CEVs?

ferret

I get weird thoughts and CEVs when trying to go to sleep. I've talked to others on these forums who have simmilar issues but i don't know how long that they've been going through it. Im just wondering if any of the long timers had this and how theirs evolved. I keep worrying that I'm schitzophrenic even though I'm probably not. is there anybody who had issues like this that passed or at least didn't regress with time?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

I still get CEVs, but I kind of enjoy them now.... I just sit back and watch the show, almost like a trance.

I used to get more horrific CEVs like distorted faces and scenes of violence, but that seems ot have passed. I think drinking less alcohol has helped alot with that. I still get nights where I have looped, weird thinking, and that really annoys me... I tend to try and break the cycle by thinking about something I like, like playing a sport or surfing a huge wave.... Something I can "pyschically" image doing... It seems to help, for some reason.

I always used to get that if I drank 2 or more days imn a row. When hugover it was realy bad, scenes of people being mutilated. Horrible faces gurning. Had it the first day of hppd. Get faces rarely now. Worst one was on the bus home from glasgow the morning of my comedown and hppd onset. On a megabus freezing thought I had ss. Started to drift off. Someone walked up pulled a bag of this guys head and shot him. When I realised it was my dad I sorted came to shouting. Since then its pretty much stopped. Tht was a disgusting cev though

It is strange that alcohol is linked so much with CEV and especially that sort of classic "hellish" imagery. I know alot of non hppd users who have said this happens too.

My thought has always been that when a person is drinking, their brain is taking in alot of visual info, but not processing it properly, so it sort of lingers around the next night, ready to be processed. Why it takes on a violent nature, i'm not sure.... but it is very common place.

Hi ferret, what you are experiencing is normal hppd related symptoms nothing to do with schizophrenia,although its normal to think that , so you must snap out of that way of thinking which can in the long term be very damaging to your self esteem and confidence, my cevs have completely gone i guess they disappeared 18-20 years into a 34year old condition ,kind of miss them now but they have completely gone.

best wishes robbie

It is strange that alcohol is linked so much with CEV and especially that sort of classic "hellish" imagery. I know alot of non hppd users who have said this happens too.

My thought has always been that when a person is drinking, their brain is taking in alot of visual info, but not processing it properly, so it sort of lingers around the next night, ready to be processed. Why it takes on a violent nature, i'm not sure.... but it is very common place.

yeah its strange man, it doesnt really happen to me now i have hppd which is wierd but pre hppd if i stayed up too late or drank more than one day in a row i had it bad. it happened to me the first day hppd set in but i think that was the booze

Ps i would agree with jays analogy and link with alcohol , i think dehydration has a lot to do with cevs when the system is dehydrated through alcohol or nicotine hppd kicks up a gear, has anybody noticed how drinking loads of water can calm down dp/dr ?

thanks robbie

Ps i would agree with jays analogy and link with alcohol , i think dehydration has a lot to do with cevs when the system is dehydrated through alcohol or nicotine hppd kicks up a gear, has anybody noticed how drinking loads of water can calm down dp/dr ?

thanks robbie

its good theyv gone boogres. its fuckin horrible. and as for ferret worrying about going schizo, ur not man dont worry look how many other people have had the same, besides the thoughts may be horrible and disgusting but ul manage. and besides, it doesnt matter how bad they are if u dont act on them then ur not doing any harm, ur also ignoring them and theyl go away. best of luck man

Thanks a lot guys. This thread has really made me feel better.

Luckily my thoughts/CEVs aren't really disturbing or violent they are just random as hell. It's like I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep but am simultaneously somwheere else doinging something else (usually something that makes no sense). They really won't bother me that much now that I know it probably isn't going to lead to a worse disorder.

Does anyone think that there is any harm in going along with them? Could trying to picture a place/activity as I go to sleep and not getting up the second I realize that I'm not all here be harmful in anyway? I'd like to try to enjoy them but i'm just too scared that I'll lose my connection to reality.

Thanks again for all the replies they were very helpful.

I try doing that when im getting to sleep anyway. I imagine im out drifting or on the bmx and try get a nice scenario in my head. I dont see any harm in just going with it and drifting away for a bit. Will probably do u good, its like ur brain asking for a break for a while