What substances DON"T make your symptoms worse.

Gmo

So I'm going to a festival in like a month from now and I was curious as to what exactly doesnt negatively affect your vision. I'm not gonna roll and I was thinking about ritalin maybe, but it is a stim so it might make it worse. I was also thinkin of maybe some type of oxy if I could find it. Xanax also crossed my mind but I was never really a huge fan of xanax so idk. Any suggestions??? I really don't wanna be sober the whole time.

Opiates, and Benzo's, and any other form of "downer" oh other than weed, but thats just me. Everyones different and some people get worse HPPD from alcohol or coffee, while other people reackon they've carried on rolling and dropping acid and its stayed the same.

It is strange, but 25x-NBOMe series didn't affect my hppd very much. The harshest things imo 2c-x, lsd/dox and dissociatives. I have never done xtc, so can tell about it, but many people here mentioned it as a trigger.

Better stay off from DMT, cant even imagine to which levels it can promote HPPD. Tried it, but before hppd. Stims, even coffeine usually make visuals stronger and thought rush unberable. Amphetamines are known for worsening in long-term period, stay off from ritalin. When i am drunk visuals ae stronger, more geometrical, and dp/dr are striking as well.

Cocaine, opiates, benzos and NBOME(somehow) don't affect my HPPD in a bad way. Weed has become less enjoable, only sativa brought a small positive alterations in mood, but i feel sort of dizzy/lazy for day or two after, it doesnt worth it at all. Maybe there is a moderate dr as well, not quite sure .

Permanently worse. I mean everyones different, but mine got permanently worse every time I started smoking weed again, I'd develope new symptoms, then I'd try to convince myself it would baseline slowly if I just rode it out, then after a month or two I'd accept it and stop smoking weed but the new symptoms would persist. Then...6 months later...I'd get offered some good weed, love it, and play the game all over again. My symtpoms have gotten worse and worse each time, but now I'm never gonna smoke weed again.

drugs dont seem to worsen my visuals at all in the long term. even mdma, it does make them stronger while im wired though, but im wired so i dont care at all ;D still dont ever rly take it any more seems like i'd be playin with fire after what everyone else has said about it. and ket doesnt either, yay for meeee

Fuck ketamine.....I did that shit twice.....first was super chill, I just took it easy, smoked blunts, and watched Sin City.......second time I was trying to K-hole and snorted a shit ton and was just royally fucked up for the rest of the night. My vision was like sloshin back and forth in my head and I couldn't really talk and I could barely walk......that might possibly be the most physically gone I've ever been. Guess I just can't handle certain drugs......

I love special k. I was on mxe fake ket the night I got my hppd. I was fuckin rattled but fun party fucked. So funny when people look at u in horror as u wobble and swim down the street. Thinking wtf has that guy taken. I wouldnt take it seen as we all now have a disasosiative disorder. Surely it wouldnt help taking a disasosiative

not really much dp/dr no

mild dp on bad days i think but ive had various dissociative symptoms from my bpd since i was about 13 so it concerns me less than my other symptoms

it probably is playing with fire if im honest so i pretty much never do it any more

i think the best thing to do if u dont want ur hppd to worsen is just dont dabble with anything. i havnt touched anything since getting this basically a month ago and its rapidly improving. like, i havnt touched caffine, energy drinks. i stay away from smokers etc. my visuals are much less, the snow has got better but theres sorta ghosty geo patterns. i hope this is symptoms improving not seeing in worse

Since i have the first panic attack and DR, i left all the drugs. Cigarettes, pot, energy drinks, coffee. Alcohol i drink sometimes but only for enjoy the wine or beer, not for get drunk.

Six months ago i close my eyes and i see geometrical patterns and breathing wall two times. I DONT SEE them anymore. My visuals are bad, like all of you, but there's a little improvement.

Stop all drugs, you're playing with fire.

• 2 weeks later...