Anything that *actually* improves *visual* symptoms for you?

windscar

I have seem many generic tips like exercise, eat better, use certain drug, sleep well, wait. But none of those actually made difference for my symptoms. Have you ever found something that *ACTUALLY* makes your *VISUAL*, not psychological, symptoms improve?

Edit: also sorry, only now realized I posted this on Introducions.

Practicing control.

I allot about an hour each night where I'll engage in a triggering activity. For me; it's just music and some colored lights, maybe bang on some drums. This will trigger my visuals pretty good. I call it bleeding out. Kind of like getting it out of you system... Giving yourself time to focus on it seems to strengthen you abilty to focus on ignoring it...

Just my 2 cents. I'm not a doc and my case is rather severe.

I haven't had issues for very long and never had very bad visuals, just snow and afterimages, but since I've started ignoring them they have almost completly disapeared in the past two weeks. I think acknowledging them is the worst thing you can do.

hey jay as far as the klon goes, do you find that if you take say 2 on weekends, it makes the rest of the week a bit easier due to its long half life? Whenever i take a xanax i feel SO much better the day after

Yea, I get a bit of a glow the next day.

I'm so worried with you guys taking benzos...

I understand your concern...

But I've been using it, very sensibly, for 3 years now. I use it once or twice a week and very occasionally have a 2 week vacation where I take 1.5mg per day (I always follow that with 2 weeks clean). I know I am not addicted as I recently had 5 weeks off it and felt no withdrawal.

I really don't think it is a demon drug, if you are strong willed and sensible.... In fact, I think it is a fantastic aid to hppd management. My life is considerably better with that drug in my cabinet. Even just knowing that I have something that will take away my anxiety helps me stay less anxious.

BUT, I 100% agree that it is an awful drug to go on full time and just leads to even more problems.

Are there any recommendations that don't involve further drug use? Especially, mind or mood altering drugs....

I find that many of these drugs come with thier own dependancies. In other words; I don't like to think that my hppd is getting worse with out a drug when in fact the withdrawals from the drug is what's triggering the hppd....

Makeitstop-

When visual snow or Hypnagogic Halucinations give me anxiety about goiung to sleep I take some Valerian Root. It's all-natural and can be bought as an over the counter supplement it doesn't make a big difference, but it reduces anxiety without addiction or any other known risks.

Sinemet (and any dopamine agonist) *ACTUALLY* makes my *VISUAL* symptoms improve - dramatically. Effect is noticeable at low doses.

Klonopin and Gabapentin have minor effect on one small symptom. Highest doses tried were 3mg and 1800mg repectively

Keppra cleared up DR (as defined as "looking at the world through an invisible barrior") for about an hour the first 2 times I took it. Never worked again (yet). Highest does tried 1100mg