Please help me, do I have HPPD?

Hi everyone,

Last year december I took 20mg of dexamphetamine, I had a good trip but two days later I experienced a panic attack and several visual problems after smoking a cigaret. After this things escalated very quickly, I had multiple panic attacks a day, had to quit school and experienced a lot of visual problems. Since than I began visiting a psych and have I seen several doctors about my eye problems. Every doctor told me that these problems are probably caused by my anxiety and panic attacks. Within the last few months I have my panic attacks under control, sort of, and some of my visual symptoms slightly decreased but most of them are still strongly here. I experience a lot of anxiety over this and I still feel like my symptoms are caused by my drug use from last year.

In the months before the dexamphetamine I used around 5 times of 60 mg xtc, never in combination with other drugs or alcohol. Never had a bad trip and I left a few weeks in-between the uses. 

My symptoms are: floaters, visual snow, dizziness, painful eyeballs and muscles (behind my eyes & my neck + shoulders), problems with focussing my vision, panic attacks, general anxiety.

My question is: do i have HPPD or is it really the anxiety? Can someone relate to my story?

Thanks!

I never did all those hard drugs and I still got similar symptoms.

Headaches, Terrible DP/DR, Severe Anxiety, Some Vision Changes. 

Some people think it is a severe anxiety reaction or HPPD. The best advice that I can give you that no one gave me is their practically treated the same way. Don't take benzo's daily and if you can do things to calm yourself. 

Hard to say if it is hppd 

I personally think of hppd as a variety of different symptoms... the visual snow and anxiety are very much related to what we consider as hppd.

At this point, I wouldn't be too concerned about what to label the problem... Just concenrate on trying to heal. I think trying to work on the anxiety is the best approach.

Eat well, excerise, stay sober and de-stress your life.