My Life Is Iver

My wife has decided to file for divorce and all I have is hppd and prostatitis left in life.

Why did this happen to me? Why did god allow people to suffer so horribly? Is being good a crime?

Sorry for loosing your wife, i cannot relate since i never had a relationship.

I dont know what to say, i am struggling with God as well. Actually i told God that under these circumstances i cannot rationally believe in "Him" as i been tought.

What i've learned though is that nothing is certain in life here on earth, we cannot escape the harsh reality that we are like leafs in the wind. Of course some parts can be controlled and we can choose to accept what we cannot control or understand everything.

I do however believe in God as a being and yes, i believe in Christ or at least i would like to, but when i look at life and what is going on in the world, God does not necessarily control what is going on on this earth. Actually i find things like "everything happens for a reason" as total BS.

In the end the comfort i now found in God is that there is something more to life then what i can see in front of me and that the journey continues in the afterlife. What and how that will be i do not know as well as i cannot proof there actually is an afterlife. But what i can do is define myself here on earth and learn what road to take and what not to make me as happy as possible. To sum it up, what can i do to be as happy as possible in life with HPPD (and other issues that you are mentioning). No life isn't fair and the only way to keep going is to start accepting it. Sorry for preaching but i that is how i look at it.

My wife has decided to file for divorce and all I have is hppd and prostatitis left in life.

Why did this happen to me? Why did god allow people to suffer so horribly? Is being good a crime?

Hey hope1,

Sorry to hear about your current issue, I know it's tough. My last relationship failed after about 4 years (I know your married and prob for much longer, but to some degree I understand) After 4 years I was devastated when she left me, especially since she was my leverage against hppd. I didnt think I could handle my health issues and life by my self, I'd spend a fifth of my life with this person by my side. But, I did. Because? You have too- time is the only thing that helps here, much like getting used to hppd. But don't ever doubt how strong the humas spirit can be. You might feel you're losing a part of yourself, but understand these feelings are temporary.

I Forced my self to take a moment and focus on who I was before I was with her, rediscover all my ambitions that I had set aside to make things work. At some point in the last year I realized I was now free to pursue anything in life I wanted. I completely absorbed my self in music. Every second I had I tried to distract myself. Search long and hold for whatever I you used to want and go after it.

Who knows, things may work out and this is just a rough patch. But don't doubt yourself for a second if you're stron enough to deal with hppd, you can get through most anything

Great post Ludwig.... as much as it seems impossible right at this second... It is best to try to take some positives from the bad situation you are in (and any bad situation that life throws at you).

We have a saying here in england... every cloud has a silver lining... meaning that you can always find something good in a bad situation. Stay as positive as possible.

Good luck, Jay