GHB

Just a quick note about GHB. This is a psychoactive drug so, as always, this isn't any kind of advice or recommendation.... Just a documentation.

I managed to get some to try it for anxiety and in the hope of an alternative to alcohol for social situations. It is quite strong stuff and certainly has similar effects to alcohol in terms of swaying, lack of co-ordination, and struggling for words. Unfortunately, it had few of the more pleasant relaxation or mood enhancing effects of alcohol. If anything, it had all the negatives of alcohol and not many of the positive (positives being a little more laughter and a bit hornier). there was zero hangover however.

Overall, i'd say it is not worth trying for hppd/anxiety, which is a shame, as it has some similar mechanisms as benzos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma-Hydroxybutyric_acid

I tried in my days of milder HPPD. I didn't find it all that interesting, but I wouldn't say that it is inferior to alcohol. I know a lot of people who definitely prefer it over alcohol, and have more fun on it. However, using it for anxiety is out of the question! The risk of dependency is simply much too great. GHB is short-acting, meaning that withdrawal symptoms kick in approximately 1-2 hours after last administration. The withdrawal symptoms are marked by uncontrollable delirium, seizures etc. and is deemed impossibly to manage without benzodiazepines and medical supervision.

I have a friend with bad anxiety who had a GHB addiction. I really wasn't pretty. I'd choose an opioid addiction any day.

• Upvote 2

I'm not talking about it as a day to day treatment of anxiety.... Just something you could take 1-2 days a week.

As you know perhaps know, I have controlled my benzo use to 2-3 days a week and would love to find another med that i could use for a further 1-2 days a week that doesn't put too much pressure on the GABAa receptors.

I'm not talking about it as a day to day treatment of anxiety.... Just something you could take 1-2 days a week.

As you know perhaps know, I have controlled my benzo use to 2-3 days a week and would love to find another med that i could use for a further 1-2 days a week that doesn't put too much pressure on the GABAa receptors.

Have you tried bacopa monnieri and/or theanine? Would probably be good to supp them to aid your GABA receptors.

hppd33.... The half life is pretty big of klono, but it get stored in the fat cells, it is not active in the brain after 24 hours or so. Certainly not at a level where it would be dangerous with GHB or alcohol (unless you have crazy amounts, like 6mg)

That said... I could have done Wednesday and Thursday with GHB and Friday, Saturday, Sunday with benzo.

GHB has a very short half life, so would be out of the system by Friday.

But it didn't work anyway.

I ocassionally have 3-4 beers when i have had 1mg of klono and find that ok (but everyone is different, of course).

I once drank whiskey after 2mg and it was a disaster, blacked out for hours and people thought i had gone into a coma.

It is very, very dangerous.

I ocassionally have 3-4 beers when i have had 1mg of klono and find that ok (but everyone is different, of course).

I once drank whiskey after 2mg and it was a disaster, blacked out for hours and people thought i had gone into a coma.

It is very, very dangerous.

yes that worries me too. My psych said six beers (can of 0,33l) are ok, so i did that yesterday, but after 3 beers i was too tired to open the fourth anyway.

Fuckman, i just want to drink, and klono only helps me with the CEV thing, otherwise id go into lorazepam again, i could drink limitless with those, and idid that for years.\\:<