How's everyone doing!

Thanks for asking I'm doing pretty nice nothing great but almost on the verge of feeling normal. I thought I should post this here, I'm not sure but I think something is changing with my visuals. They are fluctuating greatly from bad to good during the day and idk something is just different with how my snow looks. Trailers have reduced lately but that's my only reduction. Do you know what's happening? And how are you doing?

• Upvote 1

I´ve been HPPD-free for a while now. No symptoms and the dreaded DP/DR is gone. I feel very tired and weird usually, I think it´s the "coming down" from HPPD coupled with my alcohol abuse that does this. I´ve also smoked a bit of hashish during christmas and nothing bad happened. I hope it never comes back, but I would like to have an acid trip soon and it worries me. If I can beat it, you can too!

Good luck and stay well.

Thanks for asking I'm doing pretty nice nothing great but almost on the verge of feeling normal. I thought I should post this here, I'm not sure but I think something is changing with my visuals. They are fluctuating greatly from bad to good during the day and idk something is just different with how my snow looks. Trailers have reduced lately but that's my only reduction. Do you know what's happening? And how are you doing?

Awesome, I've been doing alright, have had worse days then these past few so I can't say it has been to bad! Hopefully your visuals go away sounds like you're doing good! I think maybe you are starting to get free from HPPD. Sounds like you need to try to go about your day the best you can and try to get you attention off of it 100% and you might finally break that barrier! Just a guess to me but at least you are doing a lot better! Make sure you get a lot of sleep and stay away from any mind altering chemical and you should be fine, give it another month or 2 and most importantly don't do anything to aggitate it!

I´ve been HPPD-free for a while now. No symptoms and the dreaded DP/DR is gone. I feel very tired and weird usually, I think it´s the "coming down" from HPPD coupled with my alcohol abuse that does this. I´ve also smoked a bit of hashish during christmas and nothing bad happened. I hope it never comes back, but I would like to have an acid trip soon and it worries me. If I can beat it, you can too!

Good luck and stay well.

Cool! I did acid like 10 months ago, although it didn't make me feel worse afterwards the trip itself wasn't good. My visuals were pretty weird(weirder lol) and I got some major dp/dr during the trip, I kind of just had to go with the flow which pre-HPPD wasn't hard during a trip but post HPPD it was lol. Hey I got a question, do you think there is a difference between smoing hash vs bud when you got hppd? Have you ever tried? Like I wonder if hash won't mess with you as much as bud, still not trying though lol.

How did your systems go away? Did you do anything special or like almost everyone who has got rid of them did you just let them go away on their own natural? But regardless that is awesome they are gone hope they stay gone! And agree DP/DR is awful! Although I don't have it on a daily basis the 2-3 times I have it a month and it only last a few hours and rarely up to 8 hours it is some crazy scary stuff!

Well take care and remember what you do now can affect you in the future so really think on that acid trip! 

• Upvote 1

Good luck and stay well.

Please tell us how you got of the DP/DR and visuals, if you had them! Do you take medication? Please share

• Upvote 1

My shit is going away I'm pretty fucking happy. Idk if you guys have this but do you ever check your visuals at a certain place during the day with a certain lighting and you can see more pronounced visuals? Well I check my closed eye visuals in the bathroom because there's a bright light and a white bath tub and usually when I check my cev's then I see tons of moving circles. When I do it now I can't see anything except a little snow.

• Upvote 1

My shit is going away I'm pretty fucking happy. Idk if you guys have this but do you ever check your visuals at a certain place during the day with a certain lighting and you can see more pronounced visuals? Well I check my closed eye visuals in the bathroom because there's a bright light and a white bath tub and usually when I check my cev's then I see tons of moving circles. When I do it now I can't see anything except a little snow.

Hey man,

Thats great! Now dont touch drugs again!

Yea my visuals usually get worse in the restroom too due to lighting and what not, also taking a dump brings them out lol that's how LSD does me too.

Eh. I've kinda been slowly getting better over the course of a year. This time last year my DP/DR was really bad. But I'm sure that was the French winter, and the bottles of alcohol we drank. Everyone drinks too much, I wish I could drink too much, too. It's hard to picture things getting much better. But they arent bad. I can't complain too much when I see what some of the posters on this site have been dealing with for the better part of two or three decades. But I'd say I'm doing alright. HPPD doesnt really sit in my head like it used to. And I dont obsessively check symptoms anymore. As there is no real point. Better some days than others. Sometimes I'd wish this shit would be a bit more decisive in its severity. Let me off the leash or consume my brain completely damnit! It's like being stuck in this weird I have HPPD, I dont have HPPD world. I transcend the HPPD non-HPPD border guys. It's very enlightening. I'm really, very, enlightened. Or depressed, or crazy. Or both.

It's going swell.  :rolleyes:

Please tell us how you got of the DP/DR and visuals, if you had them! Do you take medication? Please share

I did´nt do anything special, but I have been on host of medications. I don´t believe that medication ever helped me, because my symptoms always were there. I think time and patience have been the greatest healers for me, I have stayed away from drugs as long as I had HPPD.

I think with all the medication, it just masks your symptoms but they are not very helpful. Zopiclone/Imovane has been the most effective since I always felt relaxed on them. I took tiny pieces of it in daytime, they helped my DP/DR also. My doctor won´t give these to me anymore, so...

The anti-psychotics I have tried did nothing either, just making me fat and drowsy. Not recommended, even if you have hardcore HPPD. Zyprexa, Risperidone, Cissordinol.

I´ve also tried a few anti-depressants which did nothing, except giving me a headache. Not sure if it did anything for my symptoms. Wellbutrin, Tolvon, Remeron.

Also, anti-convulsants did´nt do any difference, Orfiril, Keppra.

I´m not on any medication these days, and I feel better for it. I´ve tried to live my life normally and it has partly worked. The visuals were quite strong and I had to fight with myself to stay sane. My life isn´t bad, but I have failed in university because of this. Now that I feel better, I will apply again.

I did´nt do anything special according to food, just eat normally healthy like in common sense. Exercise is good, it makes you relaxed afterwords, but it´s been a while since I did that.

My recovery has been a slow process with hardly detectable improvements day by day. I remember I could´nt sit still in my room because the HPPD was raging. Almost thought I was psychotic several times. You know how it is...

Now that I feel symptom free I still feel weird, but that could be due to alcohol (I drink every day), and some after effects of the HPPD. I have become very lazy. Don´t know if it´s HPPD-related.

Anyway, I´m not any happier without HPPD. It feels the same as usual, with no special celebration. It´s just gone.

Anyway, HPPD can be beaten and just take it one day at a time. Be patient with yourself. Be careful with medications, as you understand, my luck with medication has not been good and I´m no fan of it.

I think HPPD is not a death sentence. Many have overcome it, but it takes effort. You have to live your life as you used to. You know all the general advice from before! It´s like a broken arm, it hurts but you can still live on. I don´t know what to say to you going on 25 years, but you know that it can´t stop you from living a full life. I feel like I´ve lost a few years of my life doing nothing, but I have had good times as well. The HPPD-ride is over and it´s been a hell of a trip, actually I enjoyed some moments of HPPD when I got beautiful daydreams, that´s how bad it overtook me.

Try to meditate, I really believe in meditation although it would be more difficult for a HPPD´er with all the distractions. There are many different meditation styles but I suggest you try Vipasanna. There are instructions on the Internet. Try to exercise a bit, go for a walk. A 45-min. walk is all you need to stay fit. Be careful with the drugs when on HPPD. If you must, maybe you could smoke, but I would recommend no as you don´t know how it will affect you, it´s a trial.

All this has been said before,, but I urge you no to give up. Any supplements are worth trying, but don´t expect miracles. Supplements are really popular on this forum nowadays. I take L-Tryptophan myself and I think I feel calmer and sleep better. Can´t hurt anyway.

I´m sorry to say there´s no magic bullet cure for HPPD as we all know. I commend you on your endeavours to try out things to get better. One day, there will be a cure!

Mine's been gradually improving. A temporary contract at a very stressful job ended recently so I think that took some weight off my shoulders and allowed my symptoms to improve (or return to baseline) and the DP/DR seems to be improving too, probably 50-60% improved from where I was a year ago. Visuals remain unchanged but they don't really bother me any more.

The only things now are issues with short term memory, DP/DR and cognitive dysfunction. I'm confident I will improve further although I can probably see my healing process taking 5 years or more, based on the improvement in the last year.

Mine has been pretty terrible the past few days - I'm just trying to get through the next few days in which case I'll be receiving an EmWave I got of Ebay. Two nights ago I randomly got a sense of impending doom and it gradually got more intense, DP/DR intensified, breathing became rapid, etc. I was actually contemplating on going to the ER but I figured they'd just give me benzo's and maybe keep me over night and tell me to go to an outpatient facility and psychologist (an old friend who often had bad trips had this happen at our local hospital). I did some bag breathing (not hyperventilating, simply slow diaphragmatic breathing into a bag to increase and retain CO2), kept some incandescent bulbs near me (orange, red, and near infrared light), took a huge dose of L-theanine and about 10mg of CBD and there was an odd norco and xanax lying around from some family members but I'm not into those meds so I took an extremely small amount sublingually - like an 1/8 or less of a 2mg xanax.

Have still been feeling really off after that event. Last night I used tDCS but I'm not sure if the device I had works or not, haha. I felt like it did nothing, but then at the same time I wasn't having any negative or extremely wandering thoughts, my mom noted that I was smiling a lot, and so on. I'm gonna try it again today up through Wednesday when I'll receive the EmWave. I may order a ton of niacinamide powder, too, and use that and L-theanine to decrease serotonin, antagonize estrogen, keep FFA at bay, etc. while also increasing a-1 brain waves and having benzo-like effects. I think high doses of both would act in synergy quite well. I also should be getting the CES Ultra device soon.

I wish everyone else the best.

I want to let you guys know about a meditation/guided imagery recording I had made, to help people with HPPD; I'm making it available to anyone who's interested, and if there's enough positive feedback I'll do some editing, post to YouTube, whatever I can do.  All your posts are encouraging and motivational - if you think this will help you make progress, PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Been awhile glad to hear some people are doing better!

Last year was hands down the worst year of my life. I was out of commission for pretty much the whole year.

Had two friends die of drug over doses, my gf left me, had to leave work, my hppd was raging, numerous hospital visits, breakdowns etc..total nightmare

I am doing better now tho.

My visuals haven't improved but my dp/dr isn't nearly as bad as it was.

Im still struggling but I feel like I'm not totally hopeless anymore.

I can focus better and although I'm still kinda awkward I am more sociable. Going out more and I have improved interest in the things I used to love. Which was pretty much dead last year.

Music isn't just scrambled nonsense anymore.

I still have bad days and the racing thoughts are still there. But over all I'm not in the pit I was in.

I believe the lamictal is helping me. I'm on 100 mg daily.

That and time I guess have improved my over all well being.

Much love to all my fellow hppdrs

-K