Need help with the one symptom that has been here since day 1

I don't think it is dp/dr, I was thinking it was photophobia but now I don't. I have had dp/dr and that is why I don't think it is that. It is a constant symptom, it is like everything is bright and very detailed and gets bad then good, anything from weather to mood or migraines can make it worse. It has also at many times made my dp/dr real bad because everything can sometimes look to real if that makes sense. The best way to explain it is like I am high on weed all day just visually. I also get tunnel vision sometimes and at others it is like I can see the whole damn world and is to much to take in.

• Upvote 3

Yeah idk wth it is. It feels like dp/dr without the dreamy feeling? I'm not to sure but whatever it is it is the root of most my anxiety and dp/dr. Hell it could even be dp/dr just not as intense but I couldn't imagine dp/dr being 24/7 you know from the time I open my eyes to the time I close them. I think this is one symptom I am going to have to learn with. With hydrocodones it made it a lot easier because I really didn't give a damn and was always cheerful but as the months of sobriety pile up the more I notice it and the more it affects me.

• Upvote 1

I Beleibe it's some sort of light sensitivity from hppd. The way you describe it is exactly how I feel it and at many times I confuse it with dp/dr which I no longer have. Sadly this is my only symptom that has not improved and has gotten worse. I don't know If this will go away when my other hppd symptoms vanish, we might just be stuck with it forever, but maybe not. I wear sunglasses and it seems to almost fix the problem.

• Upvote 1

I Beleibe it's some sort of light sensitivity from hppd. The way you describe it is exactly how I feel it and at many times I confuse it with dp/dr which I no longer have. Sadly this is my only symptom that has not improved and has gotten worse. I don't know If this will go away when my other hppd symptoms vanish, we might just be stuck with it forever, but maybe not. I wear sunglasses and it seems to almost fix the problem.

Right, the only thing is everything is so damn detailed and I hate the fact that everything looks to real. Think about the first time you seen like a HD blueray movie compared to just standard t.v. idk about you but to me it looked weird kind of like peoples motions were like robots if that makes sense. It is like my vision is a constant HD blueray movie that I never get use to and no it doesn't make my sight better or sharper. My vision also goes blurry when I stare at something for more then a few seconds, this idk what it is caused by xanax has made it gone away and so has hydrocodones and oxys but nothing else and since I don't take anything any more my vision gets blurry when I look at something(I tend to zone out sometimes >.<.) Also eye floaters up the ying-yang. And it isn't a single eye floater I might have 3 in my field of view going all the way from left to right, right to left, up and down, down to up. This also happens all day and I tend to rub my eyes a lot because of it(which does nothing.) The only thing that seems to help me is beer which it doesn't do anything for my symptoms just makes me not care which in return I don't notice. One other thing, since my symptoms have started my hands have been shaking, sometimes it is little and sometimes it is a lot. This is not anxiety because I have been completely anxiety free, from the use of drugs like benzos and opiates etc, etc, and they still do it. Kind of ruined my soldering career which I was good at and nothing seems to help with that. But whatever the case is I will be trying everything I can to get rid of these symptoms, I am the kind of person that will try something most people may not lol. So hopefully I find something fast, won't be a cure but sure the hell looking for relief! 

• Upvote 2

To Andrewcb, my hands shake all the time to something that I know shouldn't be happening at the young age of 15. The only things that help me with the light sensitivity are sunglasses and cigarettes. I haven't tried any benzos yet because I'm to young to get them prescribed I might try to get some from a friend cause wveryone says they help. Remember though,50 percent of your problem is wanting it to go away and it's not gonna If all you dream about is a cure.

• Upvote 1

Brake, I haven't touched anything in a while, I excercise and eat healthy and try to live a happy life but it Doesn't go away. I'll deal with it later its not a big problem may just be anxiety most likely, I don't wanna find out I have Parkinson's lol.

• Upvote 1

Thanks wooshka you've been helpful lately. Ya I almost don't even care about my anxiety anymore only about my emotions. Although I know I don't have dp/dr anymore I think my use of hallucinogens has changed my thinking pattern permanitly. I'm just sad that life is never going to feel the same even if all my other symptoms dissapear

Mr 50s 

It goes away, just stop every addiction. Showing your emotions is no problem, you are still young and your brain will heal. Thats certain. Just go with the (good) flow and your system will forget this(trauma) Your brain had to fight against a mechanism thats not natural. Give it time. 

Go play football or get some hobby you always liked, not behind the computer ;)

• 2 weeks later...