Just curious why we don't have a recovered section?

ludwig80

It's cause the people who really have HPPD know that it never really goes away. Atleast at this stage of it for me with over 3 years into it I can't see the visuals just going away on their own.

Mine has almost completely gone away, granted I only ever had 24/7 visuals for about 2 weeks but I had a lot of DR and anxiety with it along with some sleep issues stranger than any that I have ever heard of, and all of it has gone away in 4 months except some visuals a few times a day. It is definately possible to recover, I am so close.

It seems like there is a possibility to recover within 6 months post HPPD, but to be honest i've never heard of anyone recover in the words "true" meaning with years of persistant symptoms. Yes, i think the brain is plastic and can adapt to the new perceptual context but still i haven't heard about anyone that had 24/7 full blown persisting visuals for years thats now no longer see any visuals and have their perception reset. Comorbid disorders might fade as time progress as the brain learn to co-op with the new setting, creating a new "normality". Medication can indeed make a person symptom free though.

Thats my experience, if Dr.A or someone else state otherwise, well til then...

well u wouldnt have it long term if u recovered short term though. i dunno man, im gunna stay hopefull that if sober and abstinant il recover within a year. if not, then il think about meds

Best approach to life anyway.

There seems to be a lot of stories of people with 'early warnings' - temporary and/or partial HPPD. Some of it upon reflection but others more obvious. Mine developed with progressive exposures since it was not clear where the problem was coming from (almost unbelievable).

Wonder if there are statistics of mean recovery time? Since Dr A says 50% resolve in time, perhaps he (and others) knows some of these stats.

With self, visuals were recovering maybe 10% a year until it jumped with meds.

Ferret I thought u had visual snow etc. Pretty much all the time? Also alice acid on here posted up she recovered med free the other week

I had constant visual snow for about two weeks but after that I started to be able to see fine more and more often in well lit places and eventually in darker places too.

I think Allice had HPPD for a year or two before recovering but I think she still has visual snow sometimes, like me, so it isn't a complete recovery yet.

hmm if i remember correctly your brain regrows/replaces neurons up to every 5 years. so i think there is a chance to recover if you have it a long time. but if there is a problem with our genes i think the chance for recovery is very low. who knows for sure whats goin on in our brain but its able to repair some damages on its own, so we shouldnt give up hope. i read storys about persons developing palinopsia and after a few years they awekened one morning and it was completly gone, but sadly thats not the norm .

but i believe no matter which form of damage it is it seems to be reversible, or i have to say i hope so^^

but HPPD isnt advertised

Guess we need to change that somehow...

dirtimage.jpg

brain regrows/replaces neurons up to every 5 years

With small exception in two areas, the brain and spine grow ZERO new neurons - you die with what you were born with (or what was left remaining). Kind of sobering.

That doesn't mean there is no basis for hope. Much damage is synaptic and synapsis repair, grow, etc.

Well, The old board had a recovery section and I remember about 6 years ago I pretty much read everyone one of those like 4 times looking for hope.

Pretty sure their were a few long-terms who had gotten much better if not completely better on there. Also, I think the old saying is true that when most people get better they don't come back.. I don't see all that many people from the old board anymore maybe they got better.. who knows? THen consider all the members of the old-old stormloader boards. Never see anyone from back then. So maybe they got better or at least got on with their lives. I think a recovery section would be great again. Even if these old folks didn't get better and just accepted their condition to a point it doesn't effect their lives.. I consider that recovered.