Could it be all about oxygen?

EmIly

Recently I had a procedure that required a numbing agent when It was administered within 30min I got something doctors refer to as numb brain. Because the med. Is a vazo constrictor.

The symptoms were like my own but acute. I'm just wondering if we are suffering from something like cyrebrel hypoxia in a mild form and if oxygen therapy would help.

Wouldn't we feel dizzy and tired all the time if we had cerebral apoxia, physical activity would then make us pass out no? I think someone on the forum had hyperbaric oxygen treatment without any results.

Although it makes a little sense that our brains doesn't get as much blood and oxygen as it should becouse it does missinterpret visual stimuli and Maybe our brains runs on a higher rate to make the most of it ?

I do experience something a lot like vertigo and there are many people who say with exercise they feel better. I'm thinking it's because it gets oxygen to the brain. Just an idea.

most people say their symptoms get better while sports. but during a workout your brain has less oxygen because your muscles need oxygen while doing sports. IMO its has to do with neurotransmitters whixh are distributed while exercise

Hmmm it's so crazy that we are this evolved but can't come up with not even a cure but the origin of this hell.

The numb brain really mimicked my experience with hppd thought just maybe. Who knows some days I truly live hour by hour then others I have a good day. I always wonder what's the difference between them what have I done differently how can I bring on more of the good.

Sounds great. I wonder if you could get the same effect from a mask or if you need to be in the chamber? I've seen one at an alternative doc's office and it looked like a body bag with a plastic window( Sorry but best description) not sure if I could handle it. I'm sure there are better ones out there but that I'm sure means more out of pocket money or getting an ins. Company to cover it. Got to giggle a little at that one.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its probably just the novacaine, it has a slight effect similiar to cocaine, they also put a small percentage of epinephrine in there, so there is some stimulant effect. This could possibly explain the symptoms getting worse. I believe they are vasodilators though, do you know the actual numbing agent they gave you? Also did they specifically say it was vasoconstrictive?

Edited by dasitmane