Lamictal

On 4/8/2024 at 12:21 PM, AF44 said:

Hello all!

I have a question: for those of you that have tried lamotrigine for your HPPD, how effective was it? 

Lamictal was good but I got side effects like after Gabapentin although not as bad so I had to stop taking it. It didn't cure me though. I don't remember how effective it was exactly but it did help with anxiety, depression and some of the visuals.

22 hours ago, brake said:

Lamictal was good but I got side effects like after Gabapentin although not as bad so I had to stop taking it. It didn't cure me though. I don't remember how effective it was exactly but it did help with anxiety, depression and some of the visuals.

Thanks! What did the Gabapentin do to you, out of curiosity?

1 hour ago, AF44 said:

Thanks! What did the Gabapentin do to you, out of curiosity?

I developed some rashes and a bunch of other stuff but I don't remember the details however when I told the doctors, they agreed that I should stop taking it. I took a picture of the rash as well. Oh yeah, and my breathing became shallow.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2024 at 11:08 AM, brake said:

Funny to me... one of my bestfriends was like yeah of course you should take it, severe side effects are like less than 1%.... and I had bad luck again 🤣

Ikr? 😅 That’s me!! I literally get every freaking bad side effect from most medications I’ve taken. Luckily what I take now (Depakote, Lamictal, Zoloft, Buspar, Wellbutrin and Klonopin) I can handle. I’ve been offered Gabapentin for nerve pain and I’m like, hell no! Most antibiotics wreck me except for Amoxicillin. Supplements wreck me. I can handle Vitamin D. It’s sooo weird. I don’t understand why even vitamins and supplements worsen the HPPD. It sucks! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2024 at 7:34 PM, Jayly said:

Supplements made yours worse?! 

Oh you have no idea. I can’t take any damn supplement. I could barely take my prenatal vitamins when I was pregnant (I was in no medications when I was pregnant with my 4 kids.) I can do Vitamin D and my fiber supplement. How about you? Do you have issues with vitamins/supplements?

• 2 weeks later...

I’m currently pregnant and I had gotten “ rid “ of my hppd for a year. I’m currently 6 months and I’m struggling with it again. I didn’t think supplements would hurt. I don’t think they are messing with me but recently I cut out all extra supplements. I don’t see a big difference. I have terrible anxiety. I’ll go a few days without the feeling of me tripping coming and going. Today it came back and I’m terrified right now. I hate feeling this way especially pregnant. I’m scared it will never stop or I’ll be stuck like this forever. It always has went away doesn’t last more than 30 mins an hour or maybe sometimes more. I just hate it so much. I hope once I’m done with this pregnancy it will go away. It’s crazy how you can “ heal” you think then it comes back. 

Don't worry about the thoughts that tell you this will last forever, it won't.  One thing I know about pregnancy (from my wife's two experiences) is that your body undergoes tremendous amounts of change.  I wouldn't be surprised if such changes can influence the state of HPPD.  Try and remain calm, focus on self care and believe that things will get better with time.  Hang in there.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2024 at 8:57 AM, cosmiccharlie said:

Don't worry about the thoughts that tell you this will last forever, it won't.  One thing I know about pregnancy (from my wife's two experiences) is that your body undergoes tremendous amounts of change.  I wouldn't be surprised if such changes can influence the state of HPPD.  Try and remain calm, focus on self care and believe that things will get better with time.  Hang in there.   

Thankyou! My biggest fear with this shit is I’m going to get the trippy feeling and it never goes away. I cannot wait to see my therapist next week. I may see about lamotrigine since I’m pregnant. But really hoping to get a low dose benzo.