Important question

I have a question

If serious hppd sufferers were monitored in hospital say for a period of 2 weeks.. 

Do you think the report from medical staff would pick up any significant abnormalities or pathologies? 

With our condition/ illness it's so hard because everything is happening on the inside and not so many blatant physical manifestations.

Please share your thoughts. ???

Sadly, probably not. The only test i've heard of to show anything is a qEEG (not a normal EEG).

The only success I ever really get with doctors is to calmly explain what hppd is, show them research from other doctors and try to guide them to the correct conclusion (basically letting their ego think it's done some of the work). It's a fucked up system, but it is where we are currently at, in the UK at least. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Sadly, probably not. The only test i've heard of to show anything is a qEEG (not a normal EEG).

The only success I ever really get with doctors is to calmly explain what hppd is, show them research from other doctors and try to guide them to the correct conclusion (basically letting their ego think it's done some of the work). It's a fucked up system, but it is where we are currently at, in the UK at least. 

Yeah when I first discovered that I had HPPD, I asked my neurologist if I could have a qEEG done. He said we didn’t have anything like that here (I guess meaning in the part of the States we live in?) Does a PET scan show anything? 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Spartan said:

I have a question

If serious hppd sufferers were monitored in hospital say for a period of 2 weeks.. 

Do you think the report from medical staff would pick up any significant abnormalities or pathologies? 

With our condition/ illness it's so hard because everything is happening on the inside and not so many blatant physical manifestations.

Please share your thoughts. ???

Maybe the only way they could is if they monitored our reactions to certain medications? Then they could record our symptoms. But it would still not be physical proof to them because they can’t see it. Also, I guess it probably wouldn’t be good to have different meds given to us because it would mess us up more than ever. Even a person without HPPD would get really messed up if doctors experimented on them with psychotropics. 

• Upvote 1