Drug types?

AF44

Hi,

I got HPPD in 1998 from acid. When I read all of these posts, everyone uses terms like “50 ug LSD” or “3.5 mg yadda yadda mushrooms.” I am so clueless about all of this! (And interested!) Back in my day (oh gawd I sound ancient) we were just like, hey I got a dime bag, or 10 tabs of acid, or shrooms, or Ecstasy. No clue there was a million different types? How do you all know about the types and kinds? I’m very curious!

• 2 weeks later...

As above, 1 'tab', half a 'tab', of Acid - 1 E, 2 E's etc - usually purchased in darkness in a car park prior to a rave event or in a toilet of the same or in later years in a pub or dodgy house party ( when E went our of fashion and it was coke we were all blasting heavily ) - and often halfed with friend, almost always actually! A shame those amazing nights have had such lasting ripples, as they were amazing, would I change it, not sure, parts for sure, but man, some of the memories are good and only can be related to 'if you were there'!

Same generation... there were pretty much 2 strengths to any drug you bought... mellow or strong. 

With acid, the designs on the tabs tended to get a reputation.. Strawberries were mellow, raving testtubes were strong, etc etc

Strawberries, takes me back - Purple Oms (sp) wee the little blighters that really 'gave' me this crazy condition we all have - that and another 15 years of indulgence afterwards, but Purple Oms, they were the little sheets of paper that changed my life forever after 1 absolutely mind bending flash-back a week after another mind-bending trip that I was ( at the age of 15 ) NOT prepared for!!

Edited by Blossy

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2023 at 12:48 AM, Jay1 said:

Same generation... there were pretty much 2 strengths to any drug you bought... mellow or strong. 

With acid, the designs on the tabs tended to get a reputation.. Strawberries were mellow, raving testtubes were strong, etc etc

I never knew any of that. I remember that the first time I did LSD I got it from a close friend. He just said it was LSD. The second time I did it, a few years later, my bf at the time just walked down a street in Portland known for drugs and came back with some acid for us. I took X when I was 15, with friends, it was a white circular tablet and my friend only gave me a quarter of a piece. (He was a good friend. Trying not to give me a high dose.) I remember he said it was part LSD or something. That was a really long time ago, obviously. I never bought/got my own drugs. Ironically, I paid for the freaking acid that gave me HPPD, but again, it was my bf at the time who got it. (Can you imagine, the one time in my life I actually PAID for drugs and this is what happened to me! It’s almost funny in a horrible sort of way!) So I feel ignorant but I guess it doesn’t matter in the long run! Same outcome pretty much I’m assuming.