Searching for answers…

xmandiio5x

Hi everyone. This is my first time using a forum page for my HPPD. About 14 years ago I smoked a joint and it was laced with something. I had a horrible high. I started with extremely anxiety and HPPD symptoms . I have done all the test and labs and physically I am fine. My symptoms over time have stayed the same but I think my body just got used to them and I didn’t notice them as often. A few days ago I got a migraine with aura (which I am prone too but haven’t had in a while). I feel like my symptoms have worsened since. I am having awful anxiety right now and I’m wondering if that is what is making it worse. I have been on antidepressants since i was 17. My mom gave me 0.5 of Xanax to calm my nerves but I am nervous to take anything. Do you think it’s ok to take with my symptoms?

Yea, Xanax is safe for hppd and will very likely help. Just be warned.. they are highly addictive and, as they work so well, will be mentally addictive too. Just make sure to only take them as and when you need them

6 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Yea, Xanax is safe for hppd and will very likely help. Just be warned.. they are highly addictive and, as they work so well, will be mentally addictive too. Just make sure to only take them as and when you need them

Thank you! Have you ever experienced your symptoms have gotten worse out of nowhere? I’m not sure if it’s from my serve anxiety or just getting worse after 14 years.

Yea, i've had several spikes... Some caused by stress, some from drug use, some from med use and some seemingly random (but probably also some underlying stress). They have all gone away again, with these exception of one caused by Ketamine use. 

Try to stay as calm as you can and distract yourself. Worst case, use the Xanax, as and when needed (it's amazing what a psychological boost just having the benzo in your pocket can bring!).

43 minutes ago, Jay1 said:

Yea, i've had several spikes... Some caused by stress, some from drug use, some from med use and some seemingly random (but probably also some underlying stress). They have all gone away again, with these exception of one caused by Ketamine use. 

Try to stay as calm as you can and distract yourself. Worst case, use the Xanax, as and when needed (it's amazing what a psychological boost just having the benzo in your pocket can bring!).

I’m sure it is my anxiety causing all of this. It’s a vicious cycle. I’m nervous and anxious because of the visual snow so it’s hard not to be scared and anxious to stop it! Hoping the short term Xanax helps 🙏🏻