Light Sensitivity

Happy New Year everyone!

I want to ask if others experience light sensitivity? This is perhaps a secondary symptom, for me anyway, that I attribute to over stimulation of the endocrine system via HPPD. I am not actually sure that the endocrine system is actually stimulated since HPPD is perceptual, however! I would like to know what others experience or know in this area. I have structured my own  life around limiting light, living with natural exposure without electric and basically going to bed with the chickens. 

Kaleidoscope here....

It's something that bugged me for years... I then went through a time of pretty much always wearing sunglasses, indoors and out and it went away (for good). Maybe just coincidence, but probably worth a try (along with everything else you are doing, which sounds great). 

You just have to accept that your friends will laugh at you and call you Bono 😀

I will give the sunglasses a try Jay! It would definitely look better than tying a black scarf over my eyes, that I have sometimes been known to do. Ugh! In thinking about over-stimulation I realize also I have a steady symphony of noise or tinnitus that adds to the ruckus. I've survived thus far! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 12:41 PM, ... said:

Happy New Year everyone!

I want to ask if others experience light sensitivity? This is perhaps a secondary symptom, for me anyway, that I attribute to over stimulation of the endocrine system via HPPD. I am not actually sure that the endocrine system is actually stimulated since HPPD is perceptual, however! I would like to know what others experience or know in this area. I have structured my own  life around limiting light, living with natural exposure without electric and basically going to bed with the chickens. 

Kaleidoscope here....

Yessss I have a lot of light sensitivity! Sucks! It did get better over the years. Maybe around 40% better.

• 7 months later...

Hi!

I too have light sensitivity. Not all the time, but frequent enough to be annoying. I’ve definitely had to wear sunglasses inside my house in a dark room. I remember one time it was so bad I was wearing sunglasses and lying in my mostly pitch dark bedroom with my blanket over my eyes…and somehow it still seemed too bright! It was like the light was generating from my brain. The last two days the lights have been getting me (kitchen/dining room light, living room lamp)… guess it’s time to pull a Bono 😆🕶️