Nausea 24/7

Hi everyone ! 

I juste wanted to know if someone else experiences constant nausea located notre un the stomach but in the throat like a big pressure all day long ? 

Could it go away ? 

It's unbearable and make me really suicidal. 

I already done all the test (RMI, EEG, SCAN, blood test etc..). All clear. 

Anna

The only time I have experienced prolonged nausea is after being very ill, once with swine flu and once with covid. I felt very sick for 1-2 months after. 

I do get physical symptoms from hppd, but they are anxiety related... A tightness around my chest, breathing difficulties, an overload of adrenaline etc

Could it be a side effect of any medication? Keep pressuring your doctor for more answers, I really don't think this is hppd related. 

I don't think it could be a effect of meds, it started before I start benzos. 

It's the same nausea as the rise of MDMA. 

According to my psychologist these nauseas are neurological, it scares me very much because for me it means that they may never pass. I haven't lived for 2.5 months, the nausea exhausts me physically and mentally.

When you come up on mdma, you get flooded with serotonin (which partly controls how you feel nausea). You are also flooded with adrenaline and cortisol as your body is trying to accepts this chemical into the body.

I don't know if you can test the amounts of these substances in the body, but worth chatting to your doctor about.

If you are taking any meds or supplements that can increase serotonin, maybe chat to your doctor about tapering down. I think it's good to start the recovery journey with no additional substances... go totally clean and understand your mind/body's baseline. Then, if needed, start working with medications and supplements slowly, to really know how each affects your baseline. 

Try not to focus on this idea of something never passing. 2.5 months is way, way too early to be thinking about that. I hope that doesn't sound belittling, I am sure it feels horrible and scary... But there is so much anecdotal evidence of people getting better over months and years, not just in the first few months. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/20/2022 at 3:07 AM, Jay1 said:

When you come up on mdma, you get flooded with serotonin (which partly controls how you feel nausea). You are also flooded with adrenaline and cortisol as your body is trying to accepts this chemical into the body.

I don't know if you can test the amounts of these substances in the body, but worth chatting to your doctor about.

If you are taking any meds or supplements that can increase serotonin, maybe chat to your doctor about tapering down. I think it's good to start the recovery journey with no additional substances... go totally clean and understand your mind/body's baseline. Then, if needed, start working with medications and supplements slowly, to really know how each affects your baseline. 

Try not to focus on this idea of something never passing. 2.5 months is way, way too early to be thinking about that. I hope that doesn't sound belittling, I am sure it feels horrible and scary... But there is so much anecdotal evidence of people getting better over months and years, not just in the first few months. 

I have a question…you mentioned adrenaline rushes. It might have started last Christmas (in the weeks and months after?) Sorry, my memory of time is terrible for some reason. I got pretty stressed out due to dealing with a crappy family situation (it got resolved eventually) but anyway, my adrenaline was so intense I actually asked my doctor to run tests on me to check my adrenal glands and cortisol levels (test results normal.) My BP was up when I would go to the dr. and also when I went to the ER ( I went because I couldn’t take the never ending adrenaline feeling.) The ER doctor gave me propranolol. But anyway, before the ER trip I was walking down the main drag in town with my son, I was going to take him to the arcade and then go into the shops. Suddenly I felt as though I lost my step and then my body jerked to the left. First my torso then my head. It was as though someone had taken me by the shoulders and jerked me to one side as hard as they could. If my son hadn’t been walking slightly ahead of me, allowing me to grab onto his shoulder, I would have fallen. Then I felt like I was underwater, looking up at the sky, weird waves and colors. Then I snapped back to normal. My son was like wth? I dropped him off at the arcade and went to the shops and had sweat pouring down me like crazy. I told my doctor about it because I thought it was some sort of seizure (though I didn’t lose consciousness; however I had a grand mal seizure when I was 21 and some absence seizures throughout my life) but she said it wasn’t a seizure because I didn’t lose consciousness. She said my adrenaline was so high that my body was in a constant fight or flight mode and that when I lost my footing I had an extreme reaction to it. There have also been many times over the years where I have felt “adreanalized” (haha, I know that’s not really a word) so badly it was uncomfortable enough that I went to the ER thinking for some reason it was due to bipolar mania (I was diagnosed bipolar when I was in my early 30’s but I have my doubts.) I guess what I’m trying to ask is that can these bouts of awful adrenaline be due to HPPD? I never thought of that.