If the neurons are damaged do you think that a method like deep brain stimulation can reduce or eliminate our symptoms ?

20 hours ago, Fawkinchit said:

Neuronal damage as far as modern medicine goes is entirely reversable. They would technically heal/repair on their own accord with do time, as far as we understand the nervous system. No deep brain stimulation required.

Additionally, I’m not sure stimulating an altered neuronal organization would result in LESS symptoms. Off the cuff, seems that would probably just make everything more intense. Throwing stimulation into a brain organized the way ours may be… sounds bad. 

everything I’m looking at (besides the effects of mono and co-morbid infections) is based around the restructuring of brain systems towards increases excitatory neurotransmission. How to temper that excitation, and then, if present— based upon your ideas about glia/astrocytes and subsequent research— how to repair damage by that neuronal excitation. 

still, this won’t return the brain to a pre-rewired state. That is something I can’t even imagine how to do. 

I have a particular interest in creating dialogue surrounding what hppd combined with other disease/disordered states causes. It’s not something we talk about often here. I was diagnosed with mcas this year, and taking away any ideas about potential causation, it’s still not a question of if people with hppd have mcas. It’s how many. Too researchers put population frequency at 18%. It’s so disruptive to the normal functioning of the body, I wonder how the healing period of those with hppd and mcas is impacted. 

I am particularly interested in diseases that decrease the brains ability to inhibit itself. Bartonella strains have an amazing ability to alter the brains ability to inhibit itself. It is also the kind of infection the body could fight off, lay dormant, and opportunistically come out under the correct immune circumstances. The immune alterations caused by psychedelics are of importance in this hypothesis. The inability to inhibit, combined with increases excitatory tone— well you get it. I became interested in it after learning I have an acute infection that resurfaced this summer. I have been, more than other patients my doctors have treated, particularly susceptible to the neurological symptoms of bartonella. By a long shot. I can’t help but wonder how hppd effects the outcomes, neurologically, of bartonella infection. But at a glance, they seem highly synergistic from an excitatory standpoint. Whether I have true mcas, or just severe mast cell activation from the infection, will become apartment later down the road. But despite the cause of the mcas, the effect on neural microglia is to increase glutamate release from them via stimulation by histamine released by the mast cells. 

bartonella is scarily prevalent in all sorts of animals— most notably cats in which the prevalence in house cats may be as high as 30%. Lyme disease is considered to be a silent epidemic, but through asking experts all agree that bartonella is more prevalent but more often suppressed by the immune system in most hosts.

• Like 1