Psilocybin induces rapid and persistent growth of dendritic spines in frontal cortex in vivo

Full study here

• Psilocybin ameliorates stress-related behavioral deficit in mice
  • Psilocybin increases spine density and spine size in frontal cortical pyramidal cells
  • Psilocybin-evoked structural remodeling is persistent for at least 1 month
  • The dendritic rewiring is accompanied by elevated excitatory neurotransmission
Edited by Onemorestep
  • Upvote 1

So they don't share the dose given, and also focused on only one area of the brain. Its more than likely if you are going to see neuronal loss it will be in the limbic or stem areas. Also, dosage will cause significant variations on effects. Maybe I just missed the section that talks about dosage though?

5 hours ago, Fawkinchit said:

So they don't share the dose given, and also focused on only one area of the brain. Its more than likely if you are going to see neuronal loss it will be in the limbic or stem areas. Also, dosage will cause significant variations on effects. Maybe I just missed the section that talks about dosage though?

Yeaaa that would be useful to know dosage. I mean it’s mice but if they were giving the equivalent of an oz of mushrooms it would be telling. It’s probably in the full article which I don’t have access too. 

there is an interesting study on how psilocybin alters neuro immune genes in pigs.