Seizure unlocked HPPD from acid use??

Scuubs

Hello, my name is stephen, im 18 yrs old, and for about 6-7 months ive been having visual disturbances such as visual snow,halos and negative afterimages, these were much worse in the beginning and ive had episodes of derealization and depersonalization where it used to be nothing really felt real, ik these are symptoms of HPPD but i never had problems like this when i was doin LSD until i was excercising heavy one day and had a completely random grand mal seizure for abt 8 secs, my nuerologist said that the HPPD could’ve been unlocked by the seizure, but ive never heard of that myself, and ive had rlly vivid, lucid dreams that i have visual hallucinations in as well but that doesn’t rlly bother me, i cant even  smoke weed without having a sort of panic attack sometimes where i shake uncontrollably and lips could turn blue, heart races in odd patterns, but it never was much mental other then me saying, i feel weird why cant i stop shaking a lil in my head i just want a little bit of answers or any help really with what i should do to help this and hopefully stop it since it has been getting better over time, thank you to anyone who can respond

• Like 1

I'm sure there are some links between hppd and seizures, but you'll probably never know which caused which, so better to focus on recovery now. Stay sober, get healthy etc 

(i know this isn't much of an answer!) 

21 hours ago, Scuubs said:

Hello, my name is stephen, im 18 yrs old, and for about 6-7 months ive been having visual disturbances such as visual snow,halos and negative afterimages, these were much worse in the beginning and ive had episodes of derealization and depersonalization where it used to be nothing really felt real, ik these are symptoms of HPPD but i never had problems like this when i was doin LSD until i was excercising heavy one day and had a completely random grand mal seizure for abt 8 secs, my nuerologist said that the HPPD could’ve been unlocked by the seizure, but ive never heard of that myself, and ive had rlly vivid, lucid dreams that i have visual hallucinations in as well but that doesn’t rlly bother me, i cant even  smoke weed without having a sort of panic attack sometimes where i shake uncontrollably and lips could turn blue, heart races in odd patterns, but it never was much mental other then me saying, i feel weird why cant i stop shaking a lil in my head i just want a little bit of answers or any help really with what i should do to help this and hopefully stop it since it has been getting better over time, thank you to anyone who can respond

You definitely are having neurological disorders. You need to stop the use of any drugs/narcotics of any kind immediately and permanently. It is probably definitely possible that it was eventually brought on by a seizure. There are rare cases of people using drugs, and some other incident bringing on HPPD, even as simple as drinking alcohol, I have seen it here on this forum of one person reporting exactly that. As Jay said there does seem to be some neuro deficit associations between HPPD, epilepsy, and migraines. They are all very strange conditions that are not entirely understood yet. Some things that may help are eating a healthier diet, veges and fruits etc. Absolutely abstaining from illicit substances.

• 2 years later...
On 1/19/2021 at 2:44 AM, Scuubs said:

Sorry for bumping into an old conversation. It's possible that the seizure could have triggered or worsened your HPPD, as seizures can sometimes have neurological effects. It's great that you've already seen a neurologist about this issue, and I recommend continuing to follow up with them and any other medical professionals who might be able to help. If you want facial procedures, I suggest visiting professionals with med education (like at https://rawbeautyaesthetics.com/services/botox-treatment-in-woodland-hills-ca/). I hope that helps, and I wish you good luck!

Edited by solomongffox