Feeling like I cannot catch a break.

vivienne

I was prescribed Robaxin for back problems. It's a muscle relaxer. I have stayed away from them as long as I can but the pain I'm in is severe and no one prescribes real pain killers anymore it seems. So I took a part of one pill, not even half. I can't focus to read as well and I went to the store...Hppd is worse again. I can't believe it's my mind playing tricks on me. It's not the worst it 's gotten but I'm so tired after all these years.

Muscle relaxers? Has this happened to anyone else?

I usually just tough it out (physical problems) but sometimes you can't. I'm unable to exercise or run now too because of the injuries I have.

So yeah. That's great...I took zanaflex no problem. I can't get another script for that one in my new location.

Thanks for the reply, Boogres. It calmed me a bit in believing mine might return as well. So glad to hear it did for you. As far as injuries, the radiologist who read my report wants me to have an MRI (possible stress fracture with additional bulging disk problems). This sounds dramatic, but I grew up in gymnastics and I continued on my own into adult-hood (uh, more like into about 5 months ago I could still tumble. Haha.) and I think it's finally caught up with me. I was seriously convinced it never had to. :blink: I have other health issues, but until recently was doing well despite that.

I have had HPPD since the magical year of 1998. Seems to be the year for some of us on here anyway. 14 years. I try to think very little about it( which is why I'm on and off of here so often) and mostly I'm unbothered by it, but this took me by surprise tonight. Not much changes baseline for me anymore (I drink the sh**out of coffee, alcohol doesn't do anything it but I rarely any now, and most antibiotics/prescribed meds don't turn it up either).

Yeah, it decreased slowly over a five year time span from its onset (from mushrooms) to a barely noticeable baseline. It stayed that way, then worsened after the 5th year considerably with a bad reaction to a medication (Flagy-allergy) and stress. No one knows for sure why and I'll probably never pinpoint an exact value, either. I have always had DP/DR ever since I can recall, but it was markedly increased with the onset of HPPD. That too has waxed and waned over the years, with the peak being at the onset of the disorder and again after that 5 year mark. I'm wanting to avoid that again.

Are you a suffering with both as well?

• Upvote 1

Yup, both, although i consider my hppd symptoms to be mild in comparison, and my DPDR came about 8 months after HPPD. That is pretty bad, my body hurts alot, im pretty fatigued, and my thought process has severely been altered, but im confident ill get better, it doesnt affect me much emotionally on most days.

• 10 years later...

I have also had hppd since 1998. At the same time I was using LSD, I had a bladder infection and was prescribed Ciproflaxin. (Same drug class as Flagyll) I think the Cipro is what tipped me over the edge into full blown HPPD. I’ve had it for about 24 years now; however, in 2009 after having to really advocate for myself, I was put on Klonopin and it was a MIRACLE. 99.9% of my symptoms disappeared. I’ve been on it every single day since 2009, it’s been a struggle since no one seems to get that I take it specifically for HPPD only, but I’ve been able to continue to get it since I was first put on it. I go through a county mental health clinic and for some reason, I was “discontinued” from the Klonopin. I JUST had an appointment with my meds prescriber (I take other medications as well) and she said nothing about taking me off of it. I made an urgent appointment with her for today and praying it was just a computer error or a misunderstanding on her part as she’s had no problems refilling for me. So now I’m in a huge panic and really NOT looking forward to my appointment. I guess I’m just on here to vent and try to relieve my anxiety. I’m not sure what abruptly stopping Klonopin will do to me, especially due to how long I have been taking it. 

13 hours ago, Andrea said:

I have also had hppd since 1998. At the same time I was using LSD, I had a bladder infection and was prescribed Ciproflaxin. (Same drug class as Flagyll) I think the Cipro is what tipped me over the edge into full blown HPPD. I’ve had it for about 24 years now; however, in 2009 after having to really advocate for myself, I was put on Klonopin and it was a MIRACLE. 99.9% of my symptoms disappeared. I’ve been on it every single day since 2009, it’s been a struggle since no one seems to get that I take it specifically for HPPD only, but I’ve been able to continue to get it since I was first put on it. I go through a county mental health clinic and for some reason, I was “discontinued” from the Klonopin. I JUST had an appointment with my meds prescriber (I take other medications as well) and she said nothing about taking me off of it. I made an urgent appointment with her for today and praying it was just a computer error or a misunderstanding on her part as she’s had no problems refilling for me. So now I’m in a huge panic and really NOT looking forward to my appointment. I guess I’m just on here to vent and try to relieve my anxiety. I’m not sure what abruptly stopping Klonopin will do to me, especially due to how long I have been taking it. 

Absolute worst case scenario, you should be able to walk into any hospital, explain what has happened and get an emergency dose. Going cold turkey off klono after so long can be dangerous and it is their duty to help (at least here in the UK).