What about GABA?

I'm referring to the amino acid. It seems to me that if Clonazepam/Klonopin works to reduce symptoms of HPPD, since GABA basically works the same way, maybe that would help.

I'm curious if anybody has tried this?

I'm already on Clonazepam and I've been symptom-free for a long time (I'm afraid to go off it though), but I just thought this might be a good idea, especially since the patient wouldn't have to worry about benzo addiction.

I have taken Gaba before and noticed a slight effect--but I have a very permeable Blood Brain Barrier due to a slew of TBI's. There are gaba receptors in the body, but tbh i didnt notice much. It may increase growth hormone though.

For normal people, Gaba is unable to enter the brain because it cannot pass through the protective barrier that separates the brain from the body. Thank god for that... else msg would kill you. Gaba would make you overdose. It would be very bad.

The reason we develop drugs such as clonazepam is because they can get to the brain and increase gaba functioning. There are thousands of molecules that can work at receptor sites but only a few can get into the brain in the first place.