Will we ever know?

HDDeer

Do you think we will or maybe some of us will get answers to this one day? I feel like not enough people know of it to consider trying to help us, especially now that Dr. Abraham is retired. I just want answers. I know the terminology drug induced psychosis is something that gets tossed around a lot which, maybe we have it all mixed up.

Some claim damage to gaba receptors, which also doesn't make much sense to me considering there have been the odd case where people have cured their hppd with psychedelics.

Why do some get rid of theirs using meds like lamotrigine and keppra, and others dont find success in meds at all.

Im sure when RC's become more common, thats when more people will end up with it. Anyways, 11 months tomorrow with no end in sight, good times ahead. 

It will eventually, it's just gonna take many more years of suffering before it becomes more widely studied and actually becomes understood and acknowledged in the medical lexicon. More and more kids are doing drugs and getting HPPD every day which means more and more will start showing up at doctor's offices. As this continues doctors will eventually have to acknowledge something is up rather than just dismissing it. Again, it's just gonna take a long time. People have to speak up though. How many people come here in the far corners of the Internet instead of writing to doctors or medical professionals? I've said it many times, but unless we decide to band together and actually get noticed this condition is going to continue to be overlooked for many years than is necessary. 

• 1 month later...