Opioid painkillers and HPPD

I have taken them for recreational purposes, but they made my dp/dr higher and kept me up all night with trippy thoughts, so I quickly stopped that little experiment. Others have reported no increase in hppd and others still have reported a reduction in symptoms...

Well, I wasn't taking it for pain (though it does help somewhat), Tussionex didn't seem to do anything (Tussionex is a hydrocodone/chlorphenamine syrup used to treat sever coughs, in my case I had bronchitis). However, I took quite a bit over the course of a day and a half and it really worsened my DP/DR, temporarily though. I don't think it was the hydrocodone, more likely the chlorphenamine since it's a potent antihistamine/anticholinergic.

• 4 weeks later...

Why are you against anxiety/depression meds... Yet seem fine about taking a synthetic opioid?

me?

...if so

im just against taking synthetic drugs myself...but i dont care if others take them and maybe there are some helpful synthetics out there but my experience is that nature is safer, i remember that my neurologist prescribed me a few different anti depressants and sedatives (even for anxiety) and my only reactions were 6 hour trips full of dizzyness, fear, tingling all over my body, nausea and dp/dr where i couldnt feel my body at all..i thought it leads to a stroke it was aweful  ...and dont forget i tried to get benzos and i failed several times, i dont even get them on the illegal way unless i pay 20€ for only 3 pills...

+ tramal is not synthetic even though it was first created in a lab.. its been found in nature not so long ago...

The tramadol you are wanting to take is synthetic.

If you are referring to it being a derivative of an opiate, then you can also find derivatives for nearly any synthetic.

Once again, you are just trying to justify getting high instead of getting treatment. I no longer care, but at least stop lying to yourself.

Maybe I'm a little late to the party, but in my experience opioids don't affect HPPD, visually at least, but did increase DP/DR. Can't be definitive though as the only form I've had came in the form of a hydrocodone/chlorphenamine syrup, so it may have just been the chlorphenamine and not the hydrocodone. I have some tramadol lying around, but I'm not going to use it unless I really need to so no guinea pigging for me.

The tramadol you are wanting to take is synthetic.

If you are referring to it being a derivative of an opiate, then you can also find derivatives for nearly any synthetic.

Once again, you are just trying to justify getting high instead of getting treatment. I no longer care, but at least stop lying to yourself.

im not lying to myself i know that there is a part of me so badly, willing to get high..its insane but its almost the only thing that makes sense in my life so why not + the fact that it has a good effect against anxiety in most people..and i told you i dont care if synthetic or not if it helps at least.

Maybe I'm a little late to the party, but in my experience opioids don't affect HPPD, visually at least, but did increase DP/DR. Can't be definitive though as the only form I've had came in the form of a hydrocodone/chlorphenamine syrup, so it may have just been the chlorphenamine and not the hydrocodone. I have some tramadol lying around, but I'm not going to use it unless I really need to so no guinea pigging for me.

told ya..opioids/opiates are great against hppd and anxiety for most people.

no need man...ill be the guinea pig

told ya..opioids/opiates are great against hppd and anxiety for most people.

no need man...ill be the guinea pig

Nothing I said indicated it helped with anxiety or HPPD. I simply said it didn't affect HPPD and increased DP/DR (which may not even be linked to the opioid in question) which consequently led to an increase in anxiety, contrary to what you claimed.

You need to stop making blanket statements as well and contradicting yourself (not too long ago in a thread of mine you said fuck meds yet opiates/opioids are meds).. What works for you will not always work for someone else.

I also 2nd Jay in that I think you're just looking for an excuse to get high considering how hard you're pushing opioids and opiates (opioids are entirely synthetic, opiates are either natural or derived from other naturally occurring opiates like morphine or thebaine).

i told you i dont care if synthetic or not if it helps at least.

Which was my original point.... If you don't care that the opiods you take are synthetic.. then why not try a synthetic anti anxiety/depression med that could actually make you 100% better again?

Nothing I said indicated it helped with anxiety or HPPD. I simply said it didn't affect HPPD and increased DP/DR (which may not even be linked to the opioid in question) which consequently led to an increase in anxiety, contrary to what you claimed.

You need to stop making blanket statements as well and contradicting yourself (not too long ago in a thread of mine you said fuck meds yet opiates/opioids are meds).. What works for you will not always work for someone else.

I also 2nd Jay in that I think you're just looking for an excuse to get high considering how hard you're pushing opioids and opiates (opioids are entirely synthetic, opiates are either natural or derived from other naturally occurring opiates like morphine or thebaine).

why are you so ignorant..

thats true but when i said fuck meds i meat the chemical shit you get prescribed by docs (which was clear)...i always had negative experience with them...

not that i have hppd anymore but i want to help anxiety and dont want to panic and maybe trip a little bit (im looking for no excuse to do drugs, i just want toi do them)...

mytragynine also helps for anxiety and dp/dr at least it helped me...i ordered some and look forward to the feeling.

i never said opiates/opioids help every person out there but most of the people..at least with dp/dr and anxiety...if it didnt help you, you had no luck.

+ opioids are not necessarily synthetic..there are synthetic and natural opioids, as with opiates....the term opioid is for substances which bind to the same receptores as opiates, they work the same way and have simiar effects as opiates

Which was my original point.... If you don't care that the opiods you take are synthetic.. then why not try a synthetic anti anxiety/depression med that could actually make you 100% better again?

thats where my problem is..i cant get my hands on benzos (even though i dont even know if they make it worse for me) + i have tried many different anti depressants with anti anxiety properties and i felt terrible for hours..i mean i couldnt walk around had crazy dp/dr (couldnt feel my body at all) and a little anxiety + my whole body was tingling it was terrible i thought im about to have a stroke or something...other meds felt like i was having a kind of fever and i felt so hot n so sick, depressed...the prescription meds ive tried really fucked me up in many different ways.. im very disappointed by our doctors and medical system these days

no dp/dr is a symptom of anxiety

But tlhembecker said that it made their DP/DR worse. So it probably wouldn't help your anxiety then  :P

What type of prescription meds have you tried? How long did you typically stay on them before you stopped taking them? That tingling sensation that you felt was probably the sedative effect of the med. I felt the same thing when increased my lamictal and whenever I take benydral.

Have you tried consoling?

But tlhembecker said that it made their DP/DR worse. So it probably wouldn't help your anxiety then  :P

What type of prescription meds have you tried? How long did you typically stay on them before you stopped taking them? That tingling sensation that you felt was probably the sedative effect of the med. I felt the same thing when increased my lamictal and whenever I take benydral.

Have you tried consoling?

tlehmbecker might be one of the few people who react negatively to opiates or opioids..remember that i also said some people have bad reactions but most said it feels great..

i dont remember the names of all these meds but some were escitalopram, doxepin and quetiapin...i had terrible reactions reactions and i only took them once or twice and didnt dare another try due to the panic, fatigue, dp/dr and dizzyness i felt on them...

what do you mean by consoling..are you kidding?

I also react to opiates.  The first couple times, no problem, then all hell broke loose and visuals, muscle tension, tingling, tinnitus blew up..  Not recommended.

dont think everyone is like you but thanks for the warning, i will be careful when trying opiates or opioids just as with any other substance