Jump to content

What can I show my doctor

Recommended Posts

If it's a regular doctor DO NOT TELL THEM ABOUT HPPD, I tried to explain it to regular docs and they simply CANNOT grasp the concept no matter how you explain it. "You may be developing a mental disorder" lmao. I told my doc I've been having headaches for a while and would like to see a neurologist about it, simple as that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ddiddy a drug specialist isn't gonna work, I had shit insurance yet my doctor still refereed me to a psychologist. I would go pay for one and skip the doc or go through with everything your doc wants you to do and keep bugging him for a neurologist referall

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sometimes you can find a PA that specializes in psychiatric meds.  It sounds odd but they can be quite flexible for trying things.  Since Keppra is specifically an anti-seizure med, some docs won't off-label prescribe.  So you need someone willing to off-label prescribe stuff.


BTW, off-label prescribing isn't a big deal.  For example, Tagamet is for stomach problems, yet they found out that it can be helpful for warts so some doctors prescribe it for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.