shall i try naltrexone or keppra first?

Seems from what i gather from forum that keppra is best for visual emphasis hppd, and naltrexone for dpdr emphasis hppd, and clonazepam for anxiety emphasis hppd. My hppd is more about head tightness from information overload. I want to try naltrexone or keppra as i dont need benzos, but wonder if either of these has improved head tightness in anyone?

This is a terrible drug to take for HPPD treatment. The only time this should be used is to detox someone off of narcotics.

i saw in your other posts that you had a bad time with it, but others have had a bad time on keppra. So either way i am taking a risk of side-effects but with the chance of some benefit. I'm happy to take that risk i think. After all, i can always stop.

doc wasnt comfortable giving me naltrexone as he had no experience of it especially for seemingly random off-label use, but he gives out keppra like smints. He was a locum doctor - if he was local to my area he would have a lot of experience with naltrexone!

• 1 month later...

so ive tried keppra, and worked up to 1000mg per day. No negative effects. Found it to be fairly anti-depressant. Good mood all the time. Helps with head pressure from too much activity but not the constant bacground tightness at back of head/throat. These effects seemed to come on quite quickly and didnt need the build up that i was told was required. So i dont know if there is an aspect of this drug that comes on fast while the anti-epileptic effect needs building up. I shall now use this drug as and when i get head pressure or am under stress rather than a constant companion for life. Minimal effect on visuals, tho that is not my main symptom. I would like to try guanfacine next.