Green Tea & White Tea

brake

Haha at least 3 cups of either green or white. Mix it up, one cup of this or that. Celestial sells a green and white tea combo. I suppose any brand is good. Brewing tea leaves has more health benefits than tea bags but tea bags have been working fine for me. I either drink it with raw honey or nothing at all.

Two theories i have on this.

1. The small amout of caffeine in tea is just the right amount of stimulant for better blood circulation/activity.

2. L-theanine in the tea. Some hppders report bad experience with it while others report helpful. Like most meds for hppders, hit or miss depending on the individual i suppose. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine

key points include

While structurally related to the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate, theanine only has weak affinity for the glutamate receptor on postsynaptic cells.[19] Rather, its primary effect seems to increase the overall level of the brain inhibitory transmitterGABA.[citation needed] Theanine also increases brain dopamine levels and has a low affinity for AMPAkainate, and NMDA receptors.[20] Its effect on serotonin is still a matter of debate in the scientific community, with studies showing increases and decreases in brain serotonin levels using similar experimental protocols.

"in theory" it could counter our excited hppd brain with inhibiting action? as well as 

Another shitty theory that ive just come up with. 

If hppd is the development of new neural pathways and coherence of existing networks into new pathways resulting in HPPD noise, its possible that l-theanine might strengthen/promote/protect thes new pathways resulting in a worsening of our hppd; could be the reason why some hppders report bad experience with l-theanine. thoughts?

With that said, though its been 6month since i 'drank' caffeine(except for chocolates here and there), coincidentally,  i had green tea today and didnt feel anything and i was even observing for my body to respond.

I was always immune to caffeine and even when hppd was starting and i didnt know about hppd i drank caffeine and experienced no ill effects iirc, but thats not gonna encourage me to star caffeine again.

I find it cool how relevant everything becomes on this forum. "drinks green tea for the first time in month; a post about how green tea helped someone" hmmmmm. 

Those who drink green tea regularly, do you not find that the caffeine messes with your HPPD? Caffeine makes me feel fuzzy and anxious so I tend to only drink high-grade white leaf tea (all the bagged whites I've tried are pretty shit).

There isn`t THAT much caffeine in white and green teas. Coffee is a different story. I drank 2 cups of large coffee at work the day of my onset of full blown HPPD and ever since that day I never touched coffee again.

Another shitty theory that ive just come up with.

If hppd is the development of new neural pathways and coherence of existing networks into new pathways resulting in HPPD noise, its possible that l-theanine might strengthen/promote/protect thes new pathways resulting in a worsening of our hppd; could be the reason why some hppders report bad experience with l-theanine. thoughts?

I really hope that`s not the case lol.

Hmmmm.

I bought some green tea powder after someone on Longecity said EGCG had significantly improved some memory issues he'd experienced after drug use (huuuuge long shot I know but I figured at least I'd be getting all the other scientifically-established health benefits) but I've been on the fence about taking it since it seemed to be causing anxiety. These days of course it's hard to be sure what's doing what, but I assumed caffeine was the likely culprit. Thing is, I've just compared the caffeine content of the dose I've been taking, and supposedly it contains a fraction of what a cup of white tea would be expected to contain on average (6mg for the powder vs. 10-20mg), yet I can drink white tea without a hitch. Perhaps it's the placebo effect at work, though I wouldn't put it past a company like purebulk to put an inaccurate measurement on their packaging.

Once I've sussed out tianeptine (started properly today!) I'll have to do a thorough analysis of this because I'd really like to use it, if only because I'd rather not let it go to waste! Maybe the apparent synergy between theanine and caffeine it's what's lacking; I'll have to try dosing a small amount of l-theanine with it and see if that makes any difference. 

Surely green tea powder would be a good way to see if green tea's of any benefit for those who seem to be on the fence about drinking a heap of tea on the daily? Has anyone already tried it and gotten any noteworthy results?

hey brake when you say "overall well being", im guessing that doesnt include an improvement in visuals?

Yeah it doesn`t directly decrease visuals. I find that the only time my visuals decrease is when I`m too into whatever I`m doing that I either don`t pay attention to them or completely don`t have them for a short time span. But since green and white teas generally make me feel better you can say they indirectly decrease my visuals.