Exercise and its effects on symptom

Exercise and Visuals  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How has CARDIO exercise and visuals effected your symptom?

• It temporarily reduces my visuals post exercise
    • It temporarily worsens my visuals post exercise
    • It gets reduced only during exercise
    • It worsens only during exercise
    • It permanently worsens my visuals
    • It has no effect
    • Some visuals worsen while some visuals improve (temporarily)
    • It gets better temporarily but worsens permanently
    • it gets worse temporarily but improves permanently
  2. 2. How has weightlifting exercise effect your symptoms

• It temporarily reduces my visuals post exercise
    • It temporarily worsens my visuals post exercise
    • It gets reduced only during exercise
    • It worsens only during exercise
    • It permanently worsens my visuals
    • It has no effect
    • Some visuals worsen while some visuals improve (temporarily)
    • It gets better temporarily but worsens permanently
    • it gets worse temporarily but improves permanently

Before hppd, i did weight lift a bit along with cardio via mainly stationary bike. 

Although i kept saying i would start exercising again to better my health, i havent started yet but now i think i REALLY will. 

Thing is, I'm reading comments where visuals are worsened by exercising and some have overall got better via exercise. 

I set up a poll but would like specifics in the comments.

I dont really have DP/DR but i think im starting to re-develop anxiety.I think its due to my hairloss which is pretty bad. My hairloss could be a medical indication or could be the after effects of the 2-3week anxiety i had in July due to the hppd. 

For those that experienced hairless:

"There might be an environmental insult that "shocks" the growing hair follicles so much that they decide to go into a resting state for a while. This results in an increase in hair shedding and a diffuse thinning of hair on the scalp. This form of TE can develop rapidly and may be noticeable one or two months after receiving the shock. If the trigger is short lived, then the hair follicles will return to their growing state and start producing new hair fibers pretty quickly. This form of TE usually lasts less than six months and the affected individual has a normal scalp hair density again within a year".

Im about 2-3month and counting on the hairloss, hopefully it will pass. 

• Upvote 3

I've only started doing exercise again the past couple of days. I'm starting out with very little; 3 minutes of jumping jacks, and 10 push-ups a day. May seem like nothing, but for someone who's been sedentary for a year, it's an improvement. I plan to take jumping jacks up by a minute every 2 days and pushups up by 5 every week, for the time being.

Anyway, that aside, I notice that during exercise my visuals get worse (doing jumping jacks with your eyes closed really is something), and for a while thereafter also. However, as that fades, I've noticed a subsequent decrease in visuals, which I think may be related to the anxiolytic effects I get from this.

I think in any case the benefits of exercise vastly outweigh any temporary discomfort it might cause you.

Wouldn't worry too much about the hairloss; nothing wrong with being bald.

The first 4 months of my HPPD I just felt generally bad but after I started exercising during the 5th month I started feeling more like a normal person again. I would say exercise has caused me to have more ups and downs whereas prior to exercise I usually had a baseline feeling.

school put my hppd 'on hold' but im starting have bad days, i guess it caught up to me. i think ill start doing a 20min stationary bike with lifting routine. 

*nothing wrong with going bald.... i dunno im 23 and to go from full thick hair to balding in 2 month is pretty depressing.

it helps me, activates me and make me a happier person BUT remember to take it easy and dont work to hard on the gym cause you will burn out you central nervous system. This will lead to anxiety sever anxiety for a while before the system recover. I climbed to hard so the day after i felt really wierd. i got derelization and panic anxiety attacks from very little stimulation. Remeber to be carefull when you train your legs or do deadlifts, thats when you get really burn out, so take it slow.

Sorry for my bad english, hope i made myself understood. ;)

bdw my visual got 10 times worse when i burned myself out climbing. but it recoverd slowly.

it helps me, activates me and make me a happier person BUT remember to take it easy and dont work to hard on the gym cause you will burn out you central nervous system. This will lead to anxiety sever anxiety for a while before the system recover. I climbed to hard so the day after i felt really wierd. i got derelization and panic anxiety attacks from very little stimulation. Remeber to be carefull when you train your legs or do deadlifts, thats when you get really burn out, so take it slow.

Sorry for my bad english, hope i made myself understood. ;)

bdw my visual got 10 times worse when i burned myself out climbing. but it recoverd slowly.

how slow is slowly? 1day? 2day? 1 week? 1 month? 

So i guess training our core can be bad for hppd.